“Boyeros Hotel is the place to stay in Liberia, CR”

Boyeros Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Liberia
Reviewed January 21, 2012

If you going to Liberia and want to stay in a comfortable and friendly environment, Boyeros Hotel is the place to be. We stayed for one night, the room was clean. Staff were the best, "Pura Vida". They went the extra mile to helped us get a car rental. Breakfast was good at the restaurant. The hotel is right next to everything. Walking distance to supermarket, food, bank (citi bank), and places to drink. Thank you hotel Boyeros, see you soon.

• Stayed: January 2012
There are newer reviews for Boyeros Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed January 19, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here the night of 6 January. We were just in Liberia for the day before heading off to Rincon de la Vieja. It was fine for an overnight stay -- nothing remarkably good, nothing remarkably bad. It's right across the street from a Jumbo supermarket, which was very convenient. Our room was pretty basic and a little on the shabby side, the air conditioner made some crazy noises all night long, and the shower drained verrrry slowly...but again, we were only there for the night, so it was hardly worth complaining. The pool/courtyard area was really cute, though we didn't have the time or energy to enjoy it. There was a secured lot where we could park our car, which was great. The restaurant was fine. They had a veggie burger on the menu, which I wasn't expecting -- it was nothing to write home about, but nice to have the option. I think it's pretty boorish to complain about the staff speaking very minimal English when you're staying in a Spanish-speaking country, but I suppose it's worth nothing that spoken English is indeed minimal here, for the sake of any travelers with extremely limited Spanish. Our own skills were rusty but we managed fine.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kizzy85
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I find myself staying at Boyeros everytime when I visit Liberia. Foods, rooms, and staff service are excellent and more you really feel real Costa Rica while you are at the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2012

This review is not for the hotel, it's for the hotel restaurant. I walked around the hotel grounds, but I didn't sleep in the hotel itself. From my brief inspection, the hotel appeared to be fairly average.

The restaurant, however, was outright amazing! The wait staff was helpful and patient; the prices were reasonable; and the steaks were the best I've ever had in my life. My family and I kept coming back day after day for the amazing dinners!

I'd encourage anyone staying in Liberia to swing through this hotel restaurant for a dinner or two.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2011

We spent the first and last nights of our month in Costa Rica at Hotel Boueros. Very clean and neat. Comfortable bed. The restuarant is open 24/7 and has good Tico food. We had our two small dogs with us and that was not a problem. Easy walking distance to shops, banks, super mercados, etc. Nice town. I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The balcony rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank DanSSpencer_OhioUSA
Reviewed November 18, 2011

We got into liberia around 5 pm and went to mcdonalds and started searching the internet for a place to stay. We found this hotel from asking a taxi. It turned out it was right down the street. Very good location if you are on the bus. Nice room, hot shower. Great pools with a slide and waterfall. Jacuzzi was barely warm though.Breakfast was included. They were having a convention the place was full but we still got a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: not sure the place was full. we were lucky to even get a room
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank pamelacr
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I feel sorry I stayed int his hotel. It is ran down and very old, including the furniture. They say they offer internet but it does not work. The bed was very uncomfortable. The parking area is a mess. I do not think I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business