“Believe the Reviews”

Costa Rica Private Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Costa Rica Private tours is an small company specialize in adventure and nature tours for big and small groups, our mission is to take our customers to the best touristic places and provide the best service with a big smile.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

All the reviews I read on tripadvisor were spot on. Freddy was the highlight of our trip. We did three excursions with Freddy, the ATV beach tour, the Palo Verde boat ride, the Borinquen zipline/horseback riding/mud bath. Freddy made sure we were taken care of for each of them. He took some amazing photos of us when he joined us on the zipline tour. We stayed at the JW Marriott Guanacaste which is very excluded. Freddy was nice enough to drive us to dinner in Tamarindo after each excursion so we wouldn't have to eat at the hotel. He took to some nice restaurants in town and it was a nice change of pace and saved us a lot of money. I told him I was a little concerned about getting to the airport one time and he said he would have his driver pick us up 3 hours before the flight. His driver arrived at our hotel 3 1/2 before the flight. That is just one example of how he looked out for us. Thanks Freddy, and we will see you when you come to California to see the snow.

2  Thank bman90210
in 12 reviews
"via email"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I went to costa rica knowing absolutely nothing about the country. Met Diego at the airport in Liberia and he was our driver to the hotel. We decided to book a tour with Freddie the next day. We went on a nature boat tour and loved it. They made a special point of explaining the different animals along the way. My favorite was the monkies! :) Then we had an authentic Costa Rican meal. It was great. The next day we decided to use Freddie again for a tour. He was very flexible and took us to do whatever we wanted. We went on a beach tour and really got to see the authentic areas! Then we went zip lining on congo trail. So much fun! We loved getting to see Costa Rica with someone that knew so much about the country. I don't think we would have been able to get a tour like this from anyone else. The end of our trip ended exactly how it started with Diego taking us back to the airport. They are both very nice and made sure we had an amazing first time in Costa Rica. I will be back and I would definitely use Freddie and Diego as my tour guides again.

1  Thank Jennastarr
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had great time with Freddy's Borinquen Tour. The tour consisted of horseback riding, zip lining, and mud baths, He did all the activities with us and took pictures for us with our own camera. Freddy personalized it by explaining things about Costa Rica which the kids could relate to and taking us to the places where we wanted to go like the supermarket, souvenirs, fruit market. As a family of four with two kids (9 and 11) he was so accommodating to our needs. We never felt rushed or pressured to meet timelines. Freddy definitely goes out of his way... he even surprised our daughter with a birthday cake during lunch. Wow that's 5 star service!!!
Even though he probably has done this tour hundreds of times, it didn't feel like it. It felt like it was "fresh" and new, but with a wealth of knowledge.
We also use his transfer service to/from the airport. His partners Diego and Francisco were also very knowledgeable and accommodating to our needs.

We'll definitely use him and his partners again when we're in Costa Rica.

Thanks You Freddy, Diego, and Francisco.

2  Thank coolvl
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I booked two tours with Freddy and I was very satisfied with his service. I chose the Borinquen Tour and the Nicaragua Tour. I was very pleased with both. Diego was our guide in Borinquen and he is very professional and knowledgable. What I liked the most is that they try whatever possible to achieve exactly what you need. I met Freddy in Borinquen and talked to him on the phone and he also was very helpful. The Nicaragua Tour was excellent as well, the guide( sorry I forgot his name) was very informative, helpful and professional.
To finalized, I had reserved my shuttle to the airport with Freddy and I gave him a time that I thought it was the correct one, and he told me that my driver was going to pick me up 2 hours prior my flight time. Next day while I was taking my time to get ready, I realized that my flight was schedule two hours earlier than what I thought, I panicked because I thought I was going to miss my fly. Then I called Diego and explained to him what had happened, he was 45 mints away from the hotel, he did his best and came and pick me up and took me to the airport and talk to one of the guy in the airport to help me out. Thanks to God and Diego I didn't miss my flight. I highly recommend everybody Costa Rica Private Tours, I travel often and I never found a Tour company like this one.

1  Thank Marlenycha