“AWESOME TOUR GUIDE! Will use again!!!”

Costa Rica Private Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Costa Rica Private tours is an small company specialize in adventure and nature tours for big and small groups, our mission is to take our customers to the best touristic places and provide the best service with a big smile.
Stephenville, Texas, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AWESOME TOUR GUIDE! Will use again!!!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We booked Freddy on a recomendation from other family members who had done some tours with him a couple of years ago. Their recomendation was spot-on! Freddy is energetic, fun, and is dedicated to making sure your trip is the best it can be. His love for his country really shows when he is talking about it. If you want to stop and do something on the way back to your hotel, just let Freddy know. He is always happy to accomodate whatever you need or want. Freddy says, "You are my boss today." and he means it. He was always on time to pick us up, and always stressed for us to not feel rushed. If we wanted to stay somewhere longer, he was okay with that. We took the beach tour and the Borinquen tour. Both were great! It rained on us almost the entire time at Borinquen, and we noticed that none of the other private tour guides who had small groups there were doing anything with their groups. Freddy jumped on the back of a horse, and ran through the zip lines with us as our personal photographer. He didn't worry that we was getting soaking wet. He just wanted to make sure we enjoyed the tour, and had plenty of pictures to remember it by. We'll be going back to Costa Rica in a couple of years with our kids, and will be calling Freddy again! Thanks for a great experience!

1 Thank Ricky T

Alexandria, Virginia
“Ryanne and Steve D.”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I took our 10 year anniversary trip to Costa Rica. We used Costa Rica Private Tours on a recommendation from friends. They made our first trip to Costa Rica a wonderful event! William picked us up at the airport in Liberia then drove us over an hour to our hotel, pointing out things along the way and giving us a general background of the area.
Our first full day in Costa Rica we spent taking the Arenal Volcano tour. Manny was our guide and Jon was our driver, both were fantastic! Manny was incredibly knowledgeable about the country; history, environment, animals, birds, and plants. Both went out of their way to stop at locations they thought we would like, they pulled over every time we saw an animal we were so amazed to see. Jon even climbed a tree to bring us a cashew fruit. Both were friendly and personable and seemed to enjoy their jobs. We are definitely taking another trip to CR and we will be using CRPT again, we recommend them to everyone!

1 Thank Ryanne D
Boulder, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent, friendly, professional service!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Freddy was on-time for our pickup, accommodated our every request, and was very personable. His English is excellent and we appreciated his flexibility. He even took us shopping in Liberia and gave us tips on the best, least expensive coffee to buy to take home. We recommend him and his service highly!

1 Thank Carl H
San Antonio, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good tour - disappointing Tour Guide”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My family & I just got back from our 1st trip to Costa Rica (Jun. 4-10, 2013). After seeing such great reviews of Costa Rica Private Tours, we contacted Freddy & confirmed 2 Tours & our Return Transfer w/ him via phone calls & emails. Our party of 10 was quite shocked & disappointed when he did not show to pick us up for our 1st tour: Palo Verde. After calling him & reminding him of his email confirmation for this tour, he blamed his wife for not relaying the confirmation - nice! We were a bit nervous about the Borinquen tour, but he did show up & it was a really good tour, although, we didn't appreciate him interrupting our tour on several occasions to take phone calls - not very professional. Lastly, as we approached the end of our stay in Costa Rica, we made several attempts to re-confirm the pick-up time for our Airport transfer: 2 emails and 2 voice mails later, he never responded. We had to quickly book a different Transfer van to take us, and then minutes before we left our hotel, Freddy's driver showed up expecting to take us. After we explained that we had not received ANY response from our multiple attempts to re-confirm w/ Freddy, we left w/ the other Tour van that we had acquired (we were obviously not in a position to trust Freddy after he had left us stranded for the Palo Verde tour & since he had not responded to our emails & voice mails). His knowledge & his tour van are great - his reliability & professionalism: not so much. Our advice: hire him at your own risk if you want, but when we go back, we will be booking w/ a different private tour company.

2 Thank Didi K
costarica4u, Propietario at Costa Rica Private Tours, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Didi.

Sorry for not satisfied all your expectations but would like to clarify, when we talk about what to do on way to your hotel I gave you suggestions as was the tour of Palo Verde but you never booked, I waited and never heard back from you, I never going to lose a group of ten people much less when the situation is not good here, what happens is that I like to push people to buy me tours.

Remmenber we went to Borinquen and gave the best of me, the difference was that nobody paid attention to me, and I felt stupid talking to anyone, so I decided to use my time to make an important call, sorry if that upset you. Also the disrespected me with a fart in my clean van, made everything change, that’s no nice to anyones.

When we were in the mud bath and you forgot your camera I asked permission to take pictures with my phone and send them to you via e mail, you told me you yes, so I did.
To confirm the transfer out you used the e-mail which I sent the photos and I remember you that it is not official e-mail, normaly I dont use that e mail for work, remember that you gave me the departure time wrong, and it was hard to guess.

I try to do the best I can But I am not perfect sorry for the inconvenient

Freddy Montero
Kalama, Washington
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Exceptional Trip - Great Attention to detail - Best way to see the country”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Contacted Freddy based on reviews and other people were not mistaken or exaggerating. Freddy is the best tour guide I have had on any trip I have take to any city or country.

Further, his unique style of a private tour made all the difference in the world. We booked with Freddy 2 months in advance for a Monday, Wen and Fri tour. We have considered booking every day, but Freddy advised us that the season we arrived some of the tours he offered were not as exceptional and he didn't recommend. So working with Freddy we came up with the perfect package for 4 based on what we wanted to do.

Upon arriving in Costa Rica, his driver was there and waiting for the transfer to the hotel. No guess work, his company was there and ready to go.

On Monday we took the Borinquen Adventure Tour. The tour was private as advertised but that was not the real bonus. On the way to the Zip lines, the mood for the week was set. We were driving along the hiway and Freddy saw some rare ducks and other beards in a pond by the side of the road. We detoured and got close enough to view and take pictures and talk about them. Then a little while later, Freddy spotted tucans in the trees. None of us saw them, but he did, stopped the van and we got out of the van and looked till everyone saw them, talked about them and took photos of them.

Then on the tours, he went with us, took pictures of and with us. answered all questions, even the ones He did know. He joked he didn't know and through out a fun answer.

Freddy made this one of the best international trips I have ever taken. The week just got better every time we were with him on a tour.

Highly recommend