“airport transportation”

Costa Rica Unique Transfers and Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 2008, Costa Rica Unique Transfers and Tours has been operating mainly in the area of Guanacaste , positioning itself as one of the three most important tour operators in the province, we offer quality and personalized services for individuals, and groups. Our location is in Playas del Coco, Guanacaste, 35 minutes from the airport Daniel Oduber in Liberia city. We are a company certified by the ICT (Costarican Institute of tourism) as a travel agency. In addition to this, since 2013 and for 5 consecutive years, we have been awarded with the Certificate of Excellence on TripAdvisor. At Costa Rica Unique we take care of every single detail to assure the satisfaction and safety of all our customers. We count with very comfortable vans , they have all the corresponding permits according to the laws of our country, for the transportation of people within the national territory. Our team has been trained to provide the best service and keep the highest standards of quality.
Reviewed February 10, 2017

We used Costa Rica unique transfers to take us from the airport in Liberia to the Riu Guanacaste. Our flight was suppose to come in after 9 PM. It arrived 25 minutes early. They were waiting for us outside with a sign and my name even tho we were early. The guy insisted on handling most the luggage. He was very pleasant, explaining about the area & pointing certain things out along the way.
When we were being taken back to the airport we were in the lobby almost 10 minutes earlier than the time they quoted and they were already waiting for us. At a stop sign a police was waving over all tour vans. He was checking for registrations, & permits for the vehicles & company paperwork & driver licenses. I nervous for the driver as I would be nervous if it was me. He was very courteous with the police office and had everything in order. And then we were waved on arriving in plenty of time to go thru customs & check in. The price to the RIU was $50 one way for up to 6 people. There was only our group on the van both ways.

1  Thank 57bonnie57
in 8 reviews
"white water tubing"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed February 7, 2017

We booked a sunset cruise out of Playa de Coco on a Tuesday morning for that afternoon with the Unique tour office in Playa de Coco, only to find out, after waiting an hour on the beach that the tour was not going that day. I have been lucky enough to have travelled extensively and have never witnessed such incompetence.

1  Thank Mary B
Ana Yurieth C, Guest Relations Manager at Costa Rica Unique Transfers and Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2017

Dear Mrs Bailey

Let me start by telling you that we are really sorry for this bad experience, we understand and take all the responsibility, please just let us give you an explanation of how things happened that day.

First, we are tour operator, we have connection with other companies and we sale their tours as well ,and we have business with the catamaran owners; the day you bought the tour, it was not suppose to be private, it seems to be it was a last minute reservation a customer made, in this case we are not owners of the catamaran so we can not control the way they handle their itineraries.

When your husband came to our office we apologized and gave him the refund immediately, he was in kind of a rush, so we did not have time to react and try to compensate the inconvenient. However, if you are still in the country we would like to go back to the drawing board with you and show you the real way we work. We have our own cars and we operate the land tours, we would like to compensate this, please contact us as soon as you can.

Kind regards

Reviewed January 29, 2017

My wife and I invited two friends of ours to join us on our trip. We were at the Secrets Papagayo Resort, which was beautiful. I met Jorge & Toni on the beach the very first morning. Jorge was very informative about their excursions, and not too pushy (which I really appreciated). I told him that we'd probably take an excursion in a few days. Each time I saw him he was super friendly, but thankfully still not a "used car salesman".
The four of us finally decided on the Miravalles excursion. It had almost everything we were looking for: a waterfall, zip lining, hiking a mountain, a delicious Costa Rican lunch, hot springs & a mud bath.
The excursion was so much fun, but it was our tour guide, Ernesto, that really made the difference. He was informative about everything regarding Costa Rica, was always taking pictures with our cameras when we asked him too, and a genuinely nice guy. For example, I was the last person down the zip line. I didn't notice that my $25 sunglasses fell off my shirt until someone told me they were in the cow pasture under the zip line. I went looking for them for 5 minutes, then gave up. Then I see Ernesto continuing to look. I told him not to worry about them, but he kept looking. He ended up finding my sunglasses a couple minutes later. When was the last time you had an excursion tour guide do something like that, because I had never experienced anything like that before. I would recommend the Miravalles excursion, as well as booking this through the Costa Rica Unique Transfer & Tours. Great job Jorge, Toni, and Ernesto.

-Douglas Opperman

Reviewed January 28, 2017

The team treated us extremely well and provided us with one to one attention. We recommend them to anyone who wishes to visit this beautiful country

Review collected in partnership with this attraction