“Awesome tours!”

The Canyon Adventure Combo Tour
Ranked #2 of 29 Transportation in Liberia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Guanacaste Express is a local Family run business, with over 8 years working in the tourism industry in Costa Rica, we offer to our clients personalized trips with a professional service. Our dedication and responsibility made of Guanacaste Viajes a truly option in Costa Rica. We operate in our own fleet of comfortable air-conditioned mini-vans and mini-busses with a capacity of from 1 to up of 28 passengers. Our main office is based just 15 minutes from Liberia International Airport (LIR), and we provide Airport Shuttle and Private Transportation
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I cannot say enough great things about Guanacaste Viajes! I contacted Manuel via the website and he promptly answered my emails. I even phoned him when we arrived to book a second tour and he knew who I was just from giving him my first name! he just made the booking so personal and made us feel he truly wanted us to have the best Costa Rica experience.

We booked the Monteverde Cloud forest tour but unfortunately, while traveling to our destination, we got stuck in the mud...literally. Juan Carlos and Walter were great! They kept calm and were able to get us out of the mud. After speaking with their boss, Manuel, they offered us the nearby tour for Arenal. I thought it was great they offered us another tour on the spot and didn't risk us being stuck even further up the mountain.

Having a private tour guide with us at all times was incredible. It personalized the trip and we were able to ask as many questions as we wanted. Juan Carlos was so great at answering all our questions and he threw in extra information. Walter was a great driver and both of them made us feel safe in our travels. They often pointed out interesting things on the road as we drove.

We also booked the combo tour with them as we'll and they made the suggestion to go to a more private, relaxed area than the one we booked. It was great!! They were right! It was awesome and more relaxed! We zip lined, went horseback riding, and had a volcanic mud bath and enjoyed the hot springs. This was such a great tour!! Juan Carlos offered to take photos for us on both tours. It was so nice to be able to have photos of us together on our honeymoon,

Everyone at Guanacaste Viajes was professional and very friendly! I definitely would suggest them to anyone going to the Guanacaste region of Costa Rica! Ask for Juan Carlos and Walter!!

2  Thank Chubalido
in 13 reviews
"these guys"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I booked an airport transfer through Manuel via email and he replied promptly with confirmation and was waiting for me when my flight arrived! I would've booked an excursion through him during the week that I was in Costa Rica but unfortunately was attending a wedding which took up the majority of our time there. Next time! He answered all of my questions during my commute to and from the airport and was great at offering suggestions and information. Even though I was having problems checking out, Manuel was patiently waiting for me and got me safely to the airport. Thank you Manuel!

1  Thank Elaine M
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I can't say much more than the others have already said. JC and Walter were fantastic. The tour itself was excellent as was the personal attention. In addition to the combo tour my husband and I added on an ATV tour on the same day and in the same location. It took us up a mountain path where we stopped for a hike into a waterfall. We then continued on the mountain path to a specatcular scenic lookout point where we could see all of the surrounding area all the way to the Pacific Ocean. After we retruend from that, we had the full treatment of the voclanic sauna, mud bath and hot springs before heading back to our condo. I would recommend this excursion to anyone looking for a fun-packed day with a relaxing end.

3  Thank sunshinewanted
Reviewed February 8, 2013

After hours upon hours of researching which tour company to use during a recent trip to Costa Rica, I decided to book round-trip airport transportation and a tour (Boriquen Combo Tour) through Guanacaste Viajes based on the positive TripAdvisor reviews. Manuel was good at answering questions about the tour - it did sometimes take a few days to hear back which can be a little frustrating when you are trying to make a decision about a tour but I'm so glad that I emailed him again and followed through with this company. I emailed several companies for airport transportation and tours and Guanacaste Viajes was cheaper than most of them.

We were picked up at the airport by Walter who offered to drive us to a market for drinks/food if we were hungry. Walter was waiting for us when we arrived and we were relieved that we didn't have to wait at the airport. We paid in cash for all services since we didn't want to get charged a credit card fee. The driver on the way home was very prompt as well though his English was not as good as Walter's. Also, Manuel called Walter while we were driving to the hotel and chatted with me for a few minutes just to say hi and thank you for using his company. I liked that he made us feel welcome and safe about using his company.

The Boriquen Combo Tour was amazing. We saw other tours leaving from our hotel with 10 other passengers but with this tour, you get your own private van as well as a wonderful tour guide, Juan Carlos. He was a great tour guide - he told us interesting facts about Costa RIca and other things throughout the day, spoke great English and served as an amazing photographer for us during the day. He basically took my camera the second the tour started and by the end we had almost a hundred great photos (and videos) of us horseback riding, doing the zip line and with the hot springs/mud baths.

The tour consisted of about 30 minutes of horseback riding, about 30-45 minutes of ziplining with great guides who let you do some fun tricks if you want to try and then a hot steam sauna, putting volcanic mud on you (basically you just let it dry and wash it off - nothing too exciting but just kind of fun to do) and sitting in the volcanic steam baths. The hotel where the tour is located gave us smoothies when we came in and we got a delicious lunch at the end of the tour. The hotel was about 2 hours away from our hotel (Westin) and though it could definitely be bumpy, it wasn't too bad of a drive. On the way home, we stopped at a tourist shop and a coffee store.

I really can't speak more highly of our experience with Guanacaste Viajes and its employees. We really had such an amazing time on our tour and loved that Juan Carlos documented how much fun we had, while also giving us some privacy when we were just wanting to hang out alone during the day. We felt totally safe in the vehicle which seemed brand new and really appreciated how hard everyone worked to make sure we had an amazing time!

4  Thank mgott26
See more reviews
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I would highly recommend using this tour company. I was only in Costa Rica for a long weekend and didn't have much time to do excursions. I emailed Manuel, after a friend recommended this company to me. Manuel emailed me back and catered to my schedule. He answered all of my questions and set up our tour. One of his tour guides and drivers came to pick us up at our hotel bright and early just as requested. We drove to Rincon and went horseback riding, zip-lining, and took a volcanic mud bath. The activities were outrageous. Our guide, JC, and our driver were funny, personable, and knowledgable. Throughout the tour, he acted as a personal photographer, making sure to capture all of our activities with our cameras. We had a great meal and a fun ride back to our resort. The best part about this tour was the personal service; we were picked up and taken right to our excursion. We did not have to wait on other parties or make stops at other resorts to pick up others. I can't say enough great things about the tour, the service, and the seamlessness of the morning's events. I will highly recommend him to all friends traveling to Guanacaste.

3  Thank Maggie S