Hotel Liberia
Villa Hermosa(Liberia)(Great Value!)
$44
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsceiling fanone nightpretty courtyardcentral squaredorm roomcosta ricacourtyard areahot waterwould stay againper nightbudget hotelrooms are cleanstayed nightslast nightwarrenbedssangria
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed overnight after landing late in Liberia. We were very disappointed. No hot water after long travel! If you are in Liberia as a stop over after a long day of travel, this is not for you. It takes $20 to get to town, so its worth putting that money towards a more expensive hotel near the airport. Also, this hotel doesn't have air conditioning. And there is not much going in in Liberia either. Not worth it if you expect more than a bed and running lukewarm water.

Lastly, not quite sure why it's getting 4 stars on Tripadvisor by other travelers.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Arthur D
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The rooms are affordable, nice and clean and that instantly makes this your best option in Liberia. But which hotel does not have hot water?? Also the tours are expensive and breakfast is not very good.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
MarketingHL L, Owner at Hotel Liberia, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear client,
Thanks for taking the time to make comments regarding our hotel. We have been renovating all facilities and services during all 2013 and will keep working on this next year as well, our guests probably will find A/C and hot water and at least the superior category of our rooms.
We have checked the tours, transfers and other prices according quality and characteristics vrs other hotels of our category and they have pretty much the same rates. Our breakfast for example, frecuently is well recommended due we offer good standard options with different prices so the client can perfectly choose. Now, we have just started serving other meals during the day and updated breakfast menu in order to keep improving our services.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a dorm room for $13 a night. The beds were neatly made up and the room was clean. There was no hot water in the shower but Liberia is so hot that I didn't mind having a child shower too much.

In any case, the best thing about the place is its restaurant. I liked it so much I ate there both nights I stayed, getting the day's special each night. For 3500 colones ($7) I got grilled sea bass in a white sauce with heart of palm and asparagus. The next night I got an awesome steak in a red wine and balsamic sauce. Although I didn't have one, the cocktails looked good too, and we're reasonably priced.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Hotel Liberia is situated in a great central location near the park and church. It is a beautiful old building and fortunately for myself, whilst mainly consisting of standard private hotel rooms they also offer some shared rooms for $10 a night. I stayed 2 nights and ate in the reasonably priced hotel restaurant once for dinner and breakfast.
They offer laundry service and the wifi signal is strong. Furthermore the staff are very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank ElJamo
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Location perfect, most beautifull street of liberia. Low prices, helpfull staff. Rooms a bit small. Relaxing music lounge area. Everything in walking distance. Café Liberia (the same street) is an athmospheric restaurant to eat.

• Stayed: July 2013