“Loved every aspect of our visit”
Review of Cafe Liberia

Cafe Liberia
Ranked #1 of 82 Restaurants in Liberia
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Went for dinner and loved every minute. We should have learned more Spanish before venturing out in Costa Rica, but our waitress was very sweet and helped us with all of our choices. We were the only ones there, so the owner was able to visit with us as well, and tell us about his favorite places to explore within Costa Rica. All of the plates were beautifully prepared and delicious. I ordered the Churrasco and it was the most tender steak I've had in a VERY long time. We left full and happy and was able to tour the rest of the restaurant. Cafe Liberia has a very adorable and romantic ambiance to it, and combines Latin & Italian architecture and design perfectly.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

As a celiac I am always very nervous about trying new restaurants, but my experiences in Costa Rica have been awesome. Most of the cuisine here is gluten free anyway, if you are eating local food, but I had my list of allergies (gluten & dairy) written out in spanish, just to be on the safe side. Everyone has been very accommodating and Cafe Liberia was no exception. It is a lovely little place in the heart of Liberia. We sat on the patio and it was very peaceful. The staff were very gracious and more than happy to adjust their menu to suit my needs. We started with coffee, which came with honey when we asked (not always available) and was wonderful. My husband had an onion soup appetizer and we shared a plate of seafood paella. The servings were not huge, but this suited us fine. Presentation was very fancy and the food was delicious. We enjoyed watching the little geckos running around on the back wall, and chatting with the staff about the different fruit trees growing in the garden. All in all it was a wonderful experience and I would recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Amazing location where we had some nice drinks and coffee. Staff was very friendly. Nice place also for kids to play around. Recommended.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Beautiful place with friendly staff. Few here have mentioned that Cafe Liberia is open for dinner. We had very nicely done steaks with soup and vegetables. Romantic spot.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Truly a hidden gem in Liberia. This was some of the best food we had in Costa Rica. After a lot of tasteless local foods in CR, it was such a wonderful treat to have such outstanding flavors. Sebastien, the owner sources local and organic food and it definitely shows.

The staff all are fluent in English and have outstanding customer service. My husband had the burger and I had the caprese with the chicken sandwich along with a couple smoothies. All were amazing. Very well presented and very tasty! The building is a beautiful restore colonial which is worth the trip even if you don't eat here. We were only in Liberia for about 16 hours otherwise we would have eaten every meal here. They also have free wifi.

Don't be surprised when you find that a couple hours have past you by from enjoying such a peaceful place!