“Excellent service and value! Vargas Tours in Guanacaste Costa Rica.”

Papagayo Vargas Tours
Ranked #16 of 48 Tours in Liberia
Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Excellent service and value! Vargas Tours in Guanacaste Costa Rica.”
Reviewed June 24, 2009

I would highly recommend Vargas Tours for any 1/2 day or full day tours you might be interested in while in the Guanacaste area. www.vargascostaricatours.com I used this company for airport transfers, a canopy (zip line) tour at Witch's Rock, a Palo Verde Naitional Park Tour, an Arenal Volcano and Hanging Bridges tour, and a Rincon De La Vieja Hiking tour. Ricardo and Lupita the owners are absolutely incredible as were all of the guides and drivers we had. I've traveled to more than 15 countries so I've experienced a lot of tour guides and tour companies and Vargas is at the top of the list. Vargas specializes in small group tours so you won't be packed in on a 50 person bus. We never had more than 6 people on a tour. I handled and booked everything by e-mail prior to arriving in Costa Rica and Lupita was always very quick to respond to any questions or requests. Enjoy your time in Costa Rica!

6 Thank bob250

Atlanta, Georgia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Highly recommend Papagayo Vargas Tours in Guanacaste Costa Rica”
Reviewed June 7, 2009

Just returned from a week at Paradisus Playa Conchal in Guanacaste Costa Rica where we booked tours with Papagayo Vargas Tours. I chose Vargas based on a recommendation I read on tripadvisor.com prior to leaving home. We were very happy with the service provided by Ricardo and Josta and highly recommend them for their "can-do" attitude and above-and-beyond efforts to ensure customer satisfaction. We booked an ATV/Canopy zip-line tour, deep sea fishing and a river float tour during our stay in Costa Rica. All were very professionally handled and transportation to/from the tour sites was in a shiny new Mercedes van - very comfortable and cool in the hot hot weather. The Vargas website is not particularly awesome but if you have any questions, be sure to e-mail or call Josta to have them all answered. She seems to work around the clock to ensure customer satisfaction. And use them for your airport transfers as well - I had already booked transfers for our party of 8 with another company and wished I had used Vargas!

2 Thank youngetal
Littleton, Colorado
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Love, love, love Papagayo Vargas Tours”
Reviewed June 2, 2009

We used their services from May 9-16, 2009. They picked us up at the airport and we took 2 tours with them. We also used them to take us back to the airport. I can't speak highly enough of them and their services. They truly care about your stay in Costa Rica.

We took the Arenal Volcano w/ zip tour and also the Palo Verde tour. We have ZERO complaints. I honestly feel that if you take the big bus tours that you truly miss out on so much. They actually sought out monkeys, birds and plants along the way. They shared so much about the country and everything within the borders.

I would be a bit leary on hiring a company right off the beach or whatever as I feel that that the tour companies having insurance is a BIG thing and Papagayo Vargas Tours does have insurance. We learned about them on Trip Advisor. They come with high recommendations.

I truly feel that you could miss out on a lot if you don't use Papagayo Vargas Tours! To us we would rate them six stars out of a five star ratiing system.

3 Thank CORedtop
Burlington, Ky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing time with Vargas Tours in Costa Rica”
Reviewed May 28, 2009

If you ever plan on visiting the Guanacaste region (Libera area) in Costa Rica & want to do a few tours in the area you should definetly give Vargas tours a call. We found them on the web before our trip & e-mailed them about some info on their tours & had a response in less than four hours. When it was time for us to get picked for the first tour the truck pulled up & it was the owner of the company. He was very polite and full of info.
He dropped us off to meet the rest of the group headed for the Arenal Volcano. Our actual guide was Manni. He was also full of info and spent the day making references to movies we'd seen (some even filmed in the area) and joking with our group. We did not get to see the volcano at night, but with Manni as our guide we still had a great time!!!

Our next trip was to the Rincon de la Vieja volcano. This trip consisted of only me and my husband. Our guide that day was Marco. Since it was just the two of us, we were able to take our time and Marco was always willing to stop so that we could get some wonderful pictures of the local scenery and wildlife. This was our favorite trip!!! We almost booked this trip through Swiss travel at our hotel however they require a minimum of 4 people. When we checked with Vargas after our trip to Arenal, we found that they will take just 2 people for a little higher price. For only an additional $10 per person, it was more than worth it to us! We were to end the day shopping in Liberia but we asked Marco if we could just stop at a gift shop on the way back to the hotel. He picked out a great one and we were able to do our souviner shopping all in one place!

We are looking forward to another trip to Costa Rica and plan on booking through them again!

One last thing to mention. The owner, Ricardo, as well as Marco the tour guide mentioned to us that they are putting together overnight trips so if any of you plan to go to Costa Rica but would like to spend a few nights in different areas (such as Monte Verde or Arenal) it will be possible to book this through them. I think they said you could actually plan a week long tour that will include different stops and you will end at the beach area of your choice.

Again, we loved the people at Vargas Tours! Lupita, Manni, Marco, Hugo, and Ricardo were wonderful and made our visit there a great experience!

2 Thank TravelBlues08
Netarts Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Vargas Tours...the guides..made our trip to Costa Rica, PURA VIDA!”
Reviewed May 27, 2009

Wayne and I live on the Oregon Coast, in Oregon USA... We were supposed to go to Mexico, but that changed with the flu scare... and we so beleive it was meant to be that we ended up in Costa Rica! I did my research and found out that Vargas Tours was the way to go and see the Guanacaste area. So I got on line and hooked up with them. Josta got us all set up, and Ricardo and Lupita got us to our tours.. Hugo drove us with great ease... Manny, very knowlegeable and a pleasure to know, gave us the tour of our lives! The whole experience was amazing.. we went on 2 tours, and both were incredible. It says in thier ad you start as customers and leave as friends! Very true!
Our tour to Arenal Volcano was something we will never forget... Manny would have Hugo stop to see special sites.. he knows so much about his country and loves to share! Manny "speaks Howler" and he would stop and get them to howl at us... we saw many native plants, and birds.. loved the living fence... we asked to stop at a school to see young children since I am a retired teacher, and we did.. One of the things that we were so amazed was the quality of everything we did.. the Hot Springs, the restaurants were amazing, giving us a feel for the real Costa Rica. I could just go on and on... and we have to all our friends here.. already have one couple going in June and will for sure go on Vargas Tours! We miss them, so it must mean they are like family.. for how could you possibly miss a tour guide unless they were wonderful remarkable people?
Side notes... first tour was just 4 of us.... 2nd (on the Palo Verde River Trip) there were 10 of us, but it was still very personable.... and I must say that because it was a full van Ricardo refunded each of us $20. He did not have to do that!! YES YES YES Choose Vargas... people we met that went on other group tours did not have near the wonderful experience and adventure that we did! Lynn and Wayne McCollum, Netarts, Oregon our trip was 5/14/09 to 5/19/09

1 Thank lynnwayne