This hotel is literally across the street from the Liberia airport and the shuttle drive was maybe 2 minutes at most. It seems like a newer hotel and definitely above the service levels of a Garden inn stateside.
We arrived very late Christmas Eve and were warmly greeted by the staff. They noted that the kitchen was still open if we were hungry. The Bellhop(Jorge) was extremely helpful in getting us to our room and settled. We had used the Hilton E-Standby upgrade process and were upgraded to a King Suite for only $20 more. This proved to be a good choice as we had our 3 small kids with us and provided a little more room. The room was nicely appointed and fit the bill for a 24 hour stay.The pull out couch was fine for kids, but would not recommend for an adult. Also they kindly provided an extra roll in bed.
Breakfast was included with our rate and it was quite nice and plentiful. They had local Costa Rican cuisine like Pinto Gallo and lovely fresh fruit, but also American favorites such as pancakes, waffles and even a omelet bar. It was quite filling and a nice treat after a long day of traveling the day before.
Although we had planned to get a rental car and leave early we decided we would let the kids get some energy out and play in the pool. It was quite a nice pool with ample lounge chairs, towels, etc. Eventually they came around and took drink orders which was nice. The pool was definitely a pleasant surprise especially because it was such a nice facility.
We did order lunch which was tasty, not necessarily cheap, but since it is the only game in town I thought the prices were fair. Also as others have noted the sundries in the gift shop were quite expensive, but again there is nothing for a few miles so they can raise the prices.
The service was exceptional from beginning to end, they really made every effort to make their guest feel welcome. Jorge helped us on the way out and was kind. Also when Avis wouldn't answer their phone to get a shuttle ride, they offered to have the hotel shuttle drop me off. It really was above and beyond.
In summary this is a great hotel for a short stay, especially if you are coming or going to the Liberia airport. Don't expect anything within walking distance, but it is a full service hotel that can provide pretty much anything you need. I would definitely stay here again if my travels take me this direction.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Garden Inn Liberia Airport is the best choice to stay in Liberia, being in front of the airport and offering a free shuttle and free Wi-Fi, you’ll always stay connected to your family and friends for them to know about your vacation details. Hotel highlights: - Convenient location: 10 km to downtown Liberia and only 20 km to the beautiful beaches of Guanacaste.- Connectivity: free Wi-Fi in the entire hotel.- Comfort: Garden Sleep System™ beds with adjustable mattresses.- Chill out: outdoor swimming pool. - Celebrated food: outstanding dining options at the hotel restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Liberia Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Liberia Airport Hotel Liberia
- Hilton Garden Inn Liberia Airport Costa Rica