“Great for first/last night stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Liberia Airport
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Liberia
Parsippany, New Jersey
“Great for first/last night stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We booked this hotel since it was a three hour trip from our other hotel to the airport, and our flight was early in the morning. It's so easy to get to - directly across from the airport. They provide a free shuttle to/from the airport as well and it's down the street from all the rental car companies (they also have Hertz and a tour company which we had used during our trip on premises in the lobby). We had dinner and breakfast and both were delicious and decently priced. The room was clean and quiet and we enjoyed the pool for some last minute relaxing before we left. We would come back again!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank littleone3282

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Pauma Valley, CA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very nice and very comfortable hotel with great food. We got this room with Hilton Honors points. We definitely would return to this hotel. The bed was very comfortable and the service very good. Very convenient to the Liberia Airport and other destination spots

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Directly across from airport, a few miles from center of Liberia, about an hour and a half to great beaches in Tamarindo. Recently constructed hotel, shuttle service to and from airport. All tour companies pick up here. Friendly, accommodating staff, excellent Internet throughout hotel. Good on site bar and restaurant. Gift shop has food, drinks, basic over the counter meds. Sleep number beds. Great stay.

Room Tip: Junior suites are excellent size and well priced.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Miguel_Eugene, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Liberia Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thanks so much for staying with us during your visit to Liberia. It is great to know that you found all our services very helpful and convenient.
Our staff tries to bring personal attention into every guest interaction, and we are very pleased that you received that attention.
We truly appreciate your review and really hope to see you the next time you are in the area.

Regards.

Spokane Valley, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We booked the Hilton for our last night in Costa Rica, coming from Samara and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the room and facilities. We didn't use the pool since our stay was short but it looks great and is kept very clean. The rooms were great with well above average sheets, mattress and pillows. They have two room darkening shades, a safe, a refrigerator and microwave. They have a guest office that allows you the opportunity to print your boarding pass for free and great WIFI connections. The restaurant has a good menu and is priced fairly since it seems to be the only one within the area. We went to the gift shop to purchase a snack after checking in and found a bag of chips for $8.00, needless to say we didn't make the purchase.
The trip to the airport was on time and complimentary and just takes about 5 minutes. We will stay there again without hesitation.

Room Tip: I believe they would all be GREAT rooms judging by the quality of ours.
1 Thank Michael P
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Let me start off by saying that you will get my honest opinion of this hotel..... I am a skeptic, i read all the reviews on the net when deciding where to go and where to stay. I am a princess when it comes to travel and I really enjoyed this hotel.
My husband and I are on our 1 year wedding anniversary trip and booked a stay at the Hilton Garden Inn for 2 WEEKS!!!!!!! Not a layover.... not a short visit, BUT 2 weeks! There are pros and cons to staying at this hotel, but none of the cons have anything to do with the staff but rather what you intend on doing with your holiday and where you want to visit and how you plan on getting around.
As soon as we landed in Liberia, we were picked up and brought to our car rental place where we picked up our 4x4 for our future adventure in this beautiful country (4x4 a must). Once we arrived at the Hilton, which was right infront of the airport, I was a little skeptical because there was only the Hilton building and greenery surrounding it. Nevertheless, I knew this because I booked it and looked at the pictures online. Once we walked through the front doors, we were greeted with smiles and a friendly, "HOLA". We checked in, was given information about the facility and headed to our room. Our room was clean, spacious, king bed, facing the pool area (which is quite large with lots of chairs) and the amazing mountains. Yes the halls smelt a little muggy, BUT you are in Costa Rica, its HOT! My room smelt great, wonderful air conditioning, TV, coffee maker, fridge, microwave, desk, chair etc. There is a restaurant inside this hotel, the breakfast is AMAZING!!!! Omelette, french toast and pancake station was available. There is also the beans and rice, scrambled eggs, bacon, waffles, fruit, meat, cheese, yogurt, daily special meat, coffee, juice etc. AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I would strongly suggest getting the breakfast meal included, if not, I believe the breakfast was $34.55 for two, buffet style (6:30am-10:30am, and they always let us stay later).
I became friends with a lot of the staff, Dixon, is an amazing man!!! He is the shuttle driver to the airport. He is so knowledgable. He always made sure that we ate at awesome authentic food restaurants, gave suggestions of tours, beaches and the local hot spots. Our trip was extremely packed full because of him, Carlos, Martha, Cristel, Greivin and Roidyn (nachos). These people made our stay extremely meaningful and fun. We did not want to stay only at the airport, we ate at wonderful cheap restaurants, went to local beaches and toured the country on our own. It is extremely important for anyone staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Airport for a period of a few days to rent a car! THIS IS A MUST!!!!!!! If you do not, you will be stuck at the hotel and visiting Costa Rica does not mean staying at the hotel and swimming in the pool, its about exploring the language and culture, tasting the richness of their food and enjoying life! Pura Vida!!!!!!
A Big Thank You to the staff at this hotel!!!
P.S. We are checking out tomorrow and are extremely upset to be leaving a beautiful country and an amazing group of friends we made at the Hilton Garden Inn!!!!!!!

Gracias!!!!
Anna and Marvin xoxoxoxo

Room Tip: You must rent a car in order to go to restaurants, beaches and local hot spots. This hotel is perfec...
1 Thank AnaBurger
I am very happy to read the comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction. I was delighted to read from your review that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We do everything we can to make sure our guest have an exceptional stay.
Thank you very much for your kind words, hope to see you return soon.

Sincerely.

East Windsor, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I don’t know where to even start with this hotel. We stayed here the last night of our honeymoon because we had a very early flight. When we were checking in, the front desk agent yelled at us for booking the reservation with only one guest as we are clearly two. I don’t remember there being the option to specify how many guests I was travelling with and she was extremely rude. She had all of our flight information and while rolling her eyes arranged for us to take the 4:30 AM shuttle to the airport, which seemed like a nice gesture at the time. We asked her about any local dining options as we wanted to get out of the hotel for a while and she offered us nothing but the onsite restaurant which we stated we were looking for something off property.
Our room was on the second floor and the hallway was very muggy and smelled bad. The actual room was very small and our bill said our room had a King bed, but it was a full at most and very uncomfortable for two adults to share. The bed itself was very uncomfortable and although it had knobs on the sides of it to adjust it, they did nothing. We were provided with two pillows that were as thin as toilet paper and when we called down to ask for extras, twice, we never received them.
In the morning we arrived downstairs about five minutes before our scheduled shuttle was supposed to leave to find a crowd of people gathered around the front door. They informed us that they were all scheduled for the 4:30 AM shuttle and that the first one had already left. When the shuttle returned back I was surprised to find out it was a small seven passenger van, which could only hold four people with luggage. I’m not sure why the front desk even bothered to ask and schedule shuttle times when they overbooked it by at least five times the amount of people the van could hold. While we were waiting, another American couple asked us if we had already paid our exit tax with the front desk considering we were going to be extremely late getting to the airport. We were not aware that this was possible and when I asked the front desk agent (who was the same woman from the day before, who checked us in) she again rolled her eyes at me and told me that it only would have been possible if we had paid it the day before. When I asked her why she hadn’t informed us of this considering she had our flight information and knew we were flying home she was extremely rude and turned her back to me and left behind a closed door.
By the time we got to the airport it was almost 6:00! This was more than an hour after we should’ve been there, thank goodness we planned more than enough time and security was quick. Overall, the hotel is a little below average and the only thing it has going for it is the location directly across from the airport, but that doesn’t do it any good if it is not equipped with an adequate shuttle. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure to pay your exit tax when you check in if you are staying the night before a flight. Also...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank daniellejoy
Dear guest,

Let me begin by thanking you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn Liberia Airport. We very much appreciate your business.

Please accept my apologies for the concerns that you have raised in your review. I was both surprised and deeply disappointed by your recount of your experience with us. I am so sorry that our front desk staff was rude towards you and did not provide you with the attentive service you deserve. I assure that this is very rare to happen; however, I can certainly empathize with your frustration and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you went through. I assure you that I will be speaking directly to our front desk staff as our main goal it to provide quality customer service to all our guests and I sincerely regret that we were not able to provide this for you.

Your business is very important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me. We are always listening to our guests!

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

After 2 weeks of travel this was a welcome sight. Consist with the Hilton brand elsewhere, the staff was spot on, beds as expected, clean and very close to the airport. Our flight was at 6:30a.m. and our shuttle driver was ready as requested at 4:30a.m. with a smile even when he saw ALL of our luggage. Early morning travelers are offered coffee and breakfast items to go in the lobby even at 4:30a.m. Nice way to end our trip in Costa Rica. Literally a 4 minute drive to airport.

Room Tip: We asked for adjoining rooms which they accommodated.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liberia
BEST WESTERN El Sitio Hotel & Casino
#3 of 16 in Liberia
Boyeros Hotel & Conference Center
El Mangroove, Autograph Collection
Bahia del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Liberia Airport? Share your experiences!