We followed the recommendation in the Frommer's Costa Rica travel guide. We thought Ecoplaya would be a good stay and reserved one of the junior suites superior for $160 a night. The own private beach is okay and the area as well but the hotel was like a ghost house. The resort maybe had its good time 10 years ago but since then nothing has been done which is proofed by old amenities, TVs, mattresses, etc.
We arrived at our suite and a fridge was missing; they brought it in after a phone call. Funny, you stay in a junior suite with a kitchen and have to remind them that something essential like a fridge is missing! Many other kitchen amenities were missing as well. The rooms were spacious, somewhat clean but the walls were dirty, insects crawled around and the bathroom was old and nasty. Dinner and breakfast were really bad, most of it was not available as other travelers stated before. Moreover, it was overpriced and we had better food from street vendors in Costa Rica than at this resort. Another nice example: they did not change once the table cloths during our 2 nights stay.
In a nutshell: This place is bad, stay away!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach Front Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ecoplaya Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ecoplaya Beach Hotel La Cruz
- Ecoplaya Beach Resort Costa Rica/La Cruz, Guanacaste