“Uneven Trails”

$70.00*
Hanging Bridges Walking Tour in Arenal
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We visited the Arenal Suspended Bridges on our own, and didn't see many animals, but that may have been because we didn't have a guide with us to point them out to us. We did enjoy the hike through the forest, but found the trails to be bumpy and hard to walk on. The path is made of paving stones which are rather uneven and I was so busy watching my foot steps, that I missed looking up at the scenery. However, my family really enjoyed the hike! It took us about 1 1/2 hours as we hiked it fairly quickly, and just as we were completing the trail, the rain just started. Thankfully we took a photo of the volcano from the viewpoint behind the visitor booth BEFORE we started the hike. We got awesome photos with the top of the volcano....when we finished the hike later in the afternoon (around 3:00 pm), the rain clouds had rolled in, and the upper 1/3 of the volcano was covered in rain cloud. The cost is about $24.00 per person, and our kids....who are in their early 20's brought their student cards....and we got a reduced price from that. During rainy season, I would suggest hiking it in the morning or early afternoon before the afternoon showers.

There are newer reviews for Arenal Hanging Bridges

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We went to the Arenal Hanging Bridges while in La Fortuna a couple of weeks ago and had a great time. We did the long route in the park and it was well worth the trip. I would definitely recommend this attraction while in La Fortuna/Arenal Volcano area.

FYI - The Butterfly attraction down the street from the Hanging Bridges was included with the ticket we purchased at the resort and was worth the quick trip as well. The kids loved the butterfly enclosure.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Gorgeous! My new husband and I loved it. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Serene, scenic and educational! We saw 3 species of Monkeys, a viper and vine snake, birds, leaf cutter ants, butterflies, owls, and much more. An amazing activity to get you moving but not too strenuous. But BEWARE: it is the rainforest, and sure enough, half-way through our hike the thunder rolled in, and the rain came down, HARD. We were so glad we brought Keen or similar brand of hiking sandals. SO WORTH THE COST, we looked at each other multiple times and just said 'good purchase!!'.

2  Thank BrittVanSoest
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We visited the Arenal Suspended Bridge and had our hotel call them to book a tour. Our guide was Oscar, and he was EXCELLENT! Would we have toured on our own, we would not have seen any wildlife. Oscar showed us toucans, poison dart frogs, bats, tarantulas, vipers, and he was a wealth of knowledge. I cannot recommend this activity highly enough!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This was our second time going to the Arenal Hanging Bridges. It is so much more than just hanging bridges; it is the hanging bridges, a hike through the forest, as well as an education on the local wildlife and plants. We had a guided tour with Huberth, and he was awesome! We saw a white-face capuchin monkey, two blue jean frogs, and a snake. (The previous year we saw multiple eyelash vipers, a tarantula, and a fruit bat.) The views are beautiful and we also walked down to waterfall! I highly recommend it!