“Fantastic experience... A must do. ”

Sky Adventures - Arenal Park
Sky Adventures Park: Ziplining and White Water Tubing Tour
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Costa Rica Sky Adventures its an adventure theme park located at Arenal Volcano, near La fortuna. In this park you can do the exiting Sky Trek zip lines, the Sky Tram cable car tour and the trilling Sky Walk hanging bridges, all in one same place offering you souvenir shop, Chill Out restaurant, hotel shuttle service and a hummingbird and orchid garden complementary tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Went on a sky trek (zip lining) in June and had a fantastic experience. The staff at Sky Adventures were really fantastic and made everyone feel so safe and relaxed. The equipment used is of a very high standard and there are many guides with each group so everyone gets enough time and training. I would highly recommend this adventure. I was afraid at first but after the first zip line it becomes addictive and an exhilarating experience! The views are spectacular of the volcano and lake and just the right height and speed for adventure / comfort. Definitely a must do!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,727)

Reviewed June 26, 2014

This experience was exhilarating! The staff is very professional, fun, and infomative. I was a little afraid after the lift brought us all the way to the top of the zip line but the staff was wonderful at easing any fear. The first two zip lines were short for practice then the remainder of the zip lines were long and the views were breathtaking. I wish I had brought a camera along but it was wet out and I was afraid of it getting damaged. Many others in our group had cameras with them.

1  Thank Callie D
Reviewed June 26, 2014

This company and their staff were very professional and lots of fun. Felt very safe. There are 8 zip lines. You get there by a tram that takes about 5-10 minutes. You are 750 ft above the rainforest. That's appx 1/2 the height of the empire state building!. They go for appx 1800 ft. You can't even see the person land. They all have different names like speedy Gonzales, big mama and so on. The fastest is 55 mph!!! If you're afraid the guides will go down with you. There was even an 8 year girl who went. The views are incredible. You can easily see Arenal Lake. We had so much fun we did it 2 days. You won't be disappointed. The weather is warm but comfortable because your in the rainforest so the sun isn't directly on you until your zipping. They have free lockers for your stuff. You can also rent a Go Pro camera if you want. Great Company. Highly recommend.

2  Thank Adventure82461
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Our zip line adventure here was marvelous even though the weather didn't cooperate. We zipped in the rain, and several of the lines were obscured in cloud and fog. While it did diminish some of the views, it added an element of adventure and excitement to the experience. Zipping at 40+ miles into a cloud, unable to see where you're going, is hard to describe!

The guides were very good and thorough, and the equipment seemed to be top notch. We felt totally safe during our zip line adventure.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

My wife and I were picked up in La Fortuna in a clean van and picked up several other passengers from other resorts en route to the Arenal Volcano National Park. We selected both the walk and zip line. Our walk through the rain forest was with a tour guide, who was most informative and helped us locate several animals (monkeys, birds, leaf cutting ants) that we might not have seen on our own. The walk we selected was for two hours and encompassed several hanging bridges. A longer walk and more hanging bridges are available for those seeking a longer walk. A cafeteria is available and a small gift shop are available where the zip line tours originate. The food was excellent and the views from the restaurant were stunning. The icing on the cake, however, was the zip line experience. Although my weight was a concern to me, the tour was able to accommodate my 270 pound frame. We elected to use a helmet cam to document our trips and were glad we did. Neither my wife nor I (both in our early 60s) had ever tried zip lines and were glad we were finally able to try. The tram ride up to the platforms was smooth and we got to know the guides (Alex and Drexel). As soon as we got to the top, the sky opened up and we waited a few minutes for it to subside. The first two runs are "practice" rides to make you comfortable. Afterwards, the runs are more extensive and thrillng. Halfway through, my wife and I switched helmets and we were able to get video of each other at the beginning of the ride and at the end. Our guides made sure everything went flawlessly (except the weather). Despite the intermittant rain, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and strongly recommend this tour for everyone. There are storage lockers to place valuables, but you may want to keep your camera available.