“Top Rate Family Fun - safe, exciting, and well run”

Sky Adventures - Arenal Park
Book In Advance
More Info
$78.00*
and up
Sky Adventures Park: Ziplining and White Water...
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Costa Rica Sky Adventures its an adventure theme park located at Arenal Volcano, near La fortuna. In this park you can do the exiting Sky Trek zip lines, the Sky Tram cable car tour and the trilling Sky Walk hanging bridges, all in one same place offering you souvenir shop, Chill Out restaurant, hotel shuttle service and a hummingbird and orchid garden complementary tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We looked online for lots of family-friendly places in the area before choosing Sky Adventures, and we're so happy we chose this place. We didn't hear a single description of any other place while in Costa Rica that made us wonder whether we'd missed something better. While there may be less scary (in theory) places than this for kids, the fact that this place is run so well and everything is so smooth, safe, and easy makes it work.
We went with our 8 year old son and our nervous 10 year old daughter. My son actually went first on all the zip-lines, going with the first guide who had to set up to receive everyone on the other end. My daughter got paired up with other kids to get the right amount of weight. Apparently if you are too small you won't make it all the way up the other side (the lines sag down since they are so long). They always put the smaller kids together to get them across, and there were no complaints!
My daughter was a bit scared upon arriving at the third zip-line, the highest one. But they combined her and sent her off without trouble, and after that, she was ready for anything!
You can watch HD videos of the ziplines on YouTube is you want to see it all beforehand, but you will not be disappointed. All the guides were great, energetic, friendly, thoughtful, and encouraging. This was the most fabulous outing of our entire week long trip. We wish we had time to do it again!

We booked it from Arenal Lodge Hotel with the SkyAdventures transit - they were very easy to deal with, pickup to dropoff.
Tim

3  Thank 413tim513
Write a ReviewReviews (2,939)
All reviews
in 26 reviews
"afraid of heights"
in 85 reviews

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Safety first, thrill & fund second and then all other pros like views, sensible price/quality, good logistics and even an option to get a refund for the services not used. The zip lines have great views are longish and quick. Do book in advance as it's quite booked in the high season.

This is one of these attraction that depends on the weather. We were lucky and got all the sun and Arenal views everyone was talking about.
Oh, rented to GoPro camera for the first time. Worth the extra dollars for one of the best memories one can get from an adventure attraction.

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

I've been to this ziplining destination twice in the last two years, both time with around 60 8th graders on a school trip. It had been a highlight of both trips! The guides so clearly are comfortable with their jobs and make it a fun experience, joking around with our kids and making them laugh to ease some of the anxiety before starting.

The views are absolutely breathtaking! The first time we went, we timed it such that we were going down the last few lines as the sun was setting over the lake and volcano and honestly it was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

The lines are not for the weak or scared - I couldn't believe how high they were off the ground the first time I saw them! That being said, I never felt afraid or unsafe.

This is an experience I feel blessed to have had and I thank everyone who works here for making it awesome!

Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Amazing!!!! We had nacho and Drexel as our guides and they were so professional and great at their jobs. We had such a fun time and would def recommend this.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

What a fun experience! I've been ziplining before but it didn't compare to this setup. I was picked up on time, we saw a grey hawk, and on the way back a giant neon green iguana in the road. Then we took a tram up to the lines and we saw howler monkeys half way up. There were 2 lines dedicated as training, to go over the positioning and stopping. The real lines were crazy long and high. The lines were fast but you can still enjoy the panoramic views of the lake and rainforest. The second to last line was super long and go through the forest. It was amazing and the goes were really funny. I love Costa Rica and the people.