“Birthday Celebration!”

Sky Adventures Park: Ziplining and White Water Tubing Tour
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Costa Rica Sky Adventures its an adventure theme park located at Arenal Volcano, near La fortuna. In this park you can do the exiting Sky Trek zip lines, the Sky Tram cable car tour and the trilling Sky Walk hanging bridges, all in one same place offering you souvenir shop, Chill Out restaurant, hotel shuttle service and a hummingbird and orchid garden complementary tour.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Kingsport, Tennessee
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Birthday Celebration!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This adventure was amazing! First, we did the Sky Trek and hiked in the rainforest with a wonderful guide. She showed us many cool things we wouldn't have seen on our own...like a tarantula! We crossed beautiful swinging bridges and saw breathtaking waterfalls! We then took the sky tram to the top of a platform ready to zip line and there at the top of the mountain was a table covered with a table cloth and a cake. As a surprise, my husband arranged this for my 49th birthday with someone from Costa Rica Sky Adventures. They had placed the cake at the top and they sang Happy Birthday before we zip lined! It was so special. After that, we ended our adventure with a wonderful zip line trip atop the beautiful rainforest. We ate dinner in the restaurant which was delicious! I can't say enough good things about this company and their special treatment of the guests! Our guides were so funny and made us feel so comfortable. I'm so thankful we did this on our first trip to Costa Rica!!! I highly recommend it!!!

Miami Beach, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Do this early in the trip, and then repeat!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I scheduled a zipline with Sky Adventures on the second to last day of our vacation. We booked privately (didn't want to pay the hotel upcharge) and drove ourselves. We had a 2 o'clock reservation, but lunch ran late and didn't get there until 2:30. THey easily moved us to the 3pm tour. Once we were suited up and took the sky tram up, it started raining with lightening and thunder. We tried to wait it out, but after 30 minutes, they took us back down with the sky tram and cancelled the trip for safety. We had to leave the next day for the airport, so they worked us in on the 7am tour. We got there with no problems. and it was phenomenal!
My husband is adventurous, and I am very anxious. So i was nervous during the first two trial runs (but felt totally safe). Right before the third zip line is the point of no return. But I bit the bullet and went anyways - and I'm so glad I did! I felt very safe and secure and exhilerated.
It started to rain by the 5th or 6th zipline (out of 8 total). So we were soaked by the end, but it didn't diminish from the experience. It was worth every penny to wake up early and experience this. In fact, I wish I had done it earlier, so I could have done it a second or third time during my stay.
Our guides were Wilbur and Ricardo. Wilbur has been doing this for 30 years. They were both confident, and helped ease our trip.
We did not purchase the pictures.

2 Thank chckadee73
Lebanon, Connecticut
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We absolutely loved the views from the zip lines! The Sky Tram brought us up to the top, and we zip lined all the way down to the starting point again. Some of the lines went upwards of 50 mph! the tour guides were amazing as well! It took about 90 minutes to complete the course with a guided group.

Visited May 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The sky trek was an amazing first zip line! We were 600! feet off the ground overlooking beautiful rain forest going at speeds of 40 to 60 miles an hour. There are 7 zip lines once you do 2 practice lines. They are long, high and fast. Amazing! I don't think there are others that will surpass this zip line but many others are tame in comparison. Awesome!

1 Thank Vicky D
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highlight of our vacation!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We highly recommend Sky Adventures. We traveled to Costa Rica in May of 2013 and zip lining with SkyAdventures was by far the highlight of our trip. Our kids ages 8 and 10 were not heavy enough to go alone so they went with guides. I can't remember all of the guides names but they were all awesome and made the experience a lot of fun for the kids as as well as the adults.

Visited May 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank ColleenL53449