“Awesome!”

Sky Adventures Combo: Ziplines, Hanging Bridges, and Aerial Tram
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Costa Rica Sky Adventures its an adventure theme park located at Arenal Volcano, near La fortuna. In this park you can do the exiting Sky Trek zip lines, the Sky Tram cable car tour and the trilling Sky Walk hanging bridges, all in one same place offering you souvenir shop, Chill Out restaurant, hotel shuttle service and a hummingbird and orchid garden complementary tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed April 3, 2013

They don't disappoint! The zip lines are very long and some of them you go as fast as 44MPH. Would not recommend for small children.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Our family of 4 made reservations for the the complete package – Sky Walk, Sky Tram and Sky Trek several weeks before our arrival in Costa Rica. We arrived at 8:00 am for our reservations, and were told we would be doing the Sky Walk first, and that we had reservations for the Sky Trek at 11:30. Our guide, Nestor, met us and at first it was just Nestor and our family. Nestor did a great job pointing out insects, birds and butterflies, and explaining the flora and fauna. It was a beautiful walk and we thoroughly enjoyed it. About half way through the walk, another family of 5 came up behind us. It seems they were supposed to be on our tour, but had made a wrong turn and arrived very late. They joined us for the remainder of the tour, and this was a good thing – they added lots of good questions and comments and we enjoyed their company. FYI, there is a bathroom at the halfway point and you can fill up your water bottles there as well. The hike crosses 4 hanging bridges and passes two lovely waterfalls. It ends at a butterfly garden. We thoroughly enjoyed the Sky Walk.

Nestor dropped us off at Sky Trek around 11:20. We spent a few minutes grabbing snacks from the gift shop, using the facilities, and storing our stuff in a locker. One of the guys who was getting people geared up kind of yelled at me and said we shouldn’t have wasted so much time – that many people were now ahead of us in line! However, we were still in line for the tram by 11:30, which we had been told was our “reservation” time. The line to get onto the tram took over an hour!! So much for our reservations.

This was during Easter week, so I don’t know if the incredibly long lines are usual, but we started to feel like we were at Disneyland. We finally got to the first zipline at 1:00 pm. We did the 2 practice lines and everything seemed to be going fairly well and at a pretty good pace. My son and I did the 3rd line, and when we got to the next platform, we realized there was a long line for the 4th zip. Meanwhile, no one came down the 3rd line after us, so I started to worry about my daughter and husband. After 10 minutes, I asked one of the staff, and they said they were changing people out for lunch breaks. We didn’t see my daughter and husband again (or any other people behind us) until the 7th Cable, about 45 minutes later.

On the upside, we all really enjoyed the ziplining and I was proud of myself for even trying something like this! The views of Lake Arenal were incredible and there is no way to describe what it felt like to be flying through the air. It really was a lot of fun and we had plenty of time to chat with and get to know other people while standing around in line. It was almost 3:00 pm by the time we finished the last line, so the whole adventure took us 7 hours, and by the end we were starving. So my advice is if you do all 3 elements, plan to bring some food with you and tell your Sky Walk guide that you need to be back in plenty of time to eat before the Zipline.

My understanding was that you had to have a reservation to participate in the Sky Trek, but if that was really the case, I’m not sure why the lines were so long. I think the management needs to take a look at how many people they book for a given time, but this was a fun adventure in spite of all the waiting, and we are glad we did it.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our family of five, ages 8 and up and all first-timers, had varying degrees of discomfort regarding height, speed and ziplining. Our 8 y/o was nervous, our 11 y/o is afraid of heights and my wife made it clear that she would be fine to live her entire life without ziplining. But each got more and more comfortable as the day progressed. The guides were wonderful (i.e., thorough, gracious and articulate) throughout the process - from equipment fitting, to conversation on the Sky Tram, to instruction and (on several runs) by riding tandem with our smaller participants. As a result, our 8 y/o "soloed" on the longest run, our 11 y/o "loved" her experience and my wife was able to have fun and enjoy the view, with one of our guides, Milton, becoming a standard for Costa Rican hospitality. In short, ziplining became the favorite single event of our 7 days in Costa Rica and each of us would like to return.

As an aside and speaking as one who was formerly responsible for the engineering and maintenance of a large manufacturing facility, I was impressed with the design and condition of the supports and equipment. While that didn't lessen my adrenaline while being buffeted by a cross-wind while zipping at 30+ mph suspended 200 feet above ground level, it added to my piece of mind as my family made their "maiden" runs. Pura vida!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

First, I must disclose that I am very scared of heights and the feeling of free falling, yet I had a strong interest in doing zip lining, and knew that Costa Rica was the place to try it. One of our guides said that both Eco Glide and Sky Trek are extremely good, but he suggested that we try Eco Glide since we had never zip lined before but we couldn't work it into our schedule so we ended up at Sky Trek instead. Apparently, Sky Trek has higher lines than Eco Glide and he thought might be more intimidating for first time riders. Anyway, at Sky Trek you take a tram up to the top. I expected it to be like a ski lift, but it was much smoother, basically three "cages" that ride along the cable to the top. At the top you do two practice "runs" which are helpful because they show you how to do it and review safety precautions. Also, if you feel uncomfortable and do not want to proceed, at this point you simply take the tram back down. I was determined to continue, the practice runs were easy. Then I proceeded to the platform to see the first line. Holy Molly! I was so scared. The line was so long and so high up, like in the stratosphere! But, I really wanted to try it even though I was so scared. So for the fist line I rode with the guide- he basically rode behind me and held on to some of my apparatus, it just made me feel more comfortable. The lines get "easier" psychologically as you progress, because each line is lower than the one before it. The length of the lines differ and some are described as faster than others. After the first two lines, I did the third one and all the rest by myself. I was totally fine. Our group was just my husband and myself and I really liked that because once we landed at the platform I wanted to keep on going, because I was afraid that I would loose my nerve. So we looked at the scenery which was spectacular, and kept moving forward. The last line is super duper easy, really just an opportunity for them to snap a picture of you. I must stay that I'm very glad that I did it, and it was fun, and the views were one of a kind - so green, and beautiful, alive and lush, but I was never in a state of exhilaration or euphoria. I was a little too nervous and anxious to reach that exalted state.

Recommendation- do this very early in the morning. When we finished and were leaving the area, the lines were very long and it was crowded. I really liked that we could control the pace of how fast or slow we moved and that was only possible because it was very early in the morning and the crowds had not yet arrived. Also at Sky Trek you don't hold on to the cable directly, but actually hold on to "handles" which was easy. You will be most comfortable if you wear long pants or shorts, and do wear something a bit warm on your upper body. No sandals or sunglasses. Our guide Steven, was extremely helpful and sweet, and kept on asking us if we were having fun. Very encouraging and supportive, also. His English was excellent.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My friend and I recently went to Costa Rica, and were very lucky to have our hotel (Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort) book our zip lining tour with Costa Rica Sky Adventure. It was an amazing experience. We felt safe the entire time, and the staff was friendly and answered all of our questions. This was my first time zip lining, and it was an outstanding time. There were 8 cables, 2 practice, after which you could back out if you decided it wasn't for you, then 5 long lines between the trees, 656 feet above the ground, one more beautiful than the other. The view was outstanding, peaceful, and the going 45-50 mph over that scenery was FUN!!! There were a number of people on our tour who had zip lined before, and they ALL said that this tour was the absolute best they had ever been on! I would definitely recommend this company to ANYone who wanted to zip line! Thanks!!