“Great hike”

Arenal Volcano (Volcan Arenal)
Book In Advance
More Info
$62.00*
and up
Arenal Volcano National Park Walk with Optional Hot Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: This 1,633 meter volcano has been rumbling and spewing since 1969.
ny
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great hike”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband and I waited and waited until the clouds part and the volcano becomes visible. During the last day of our vacation, we finally decided to go hike to the volcano no matter what the weather was. First, it is best to get to the volcano if you have a rental car. Entrance is only $10 and it's a good half a day activity. Make sure to go past the private trails (the profits don't go to the park itself but to private owners of trails) and go to the actual National Park trails. Ask which trail leads to the Sabor tree because it is truly a must see! It's 400 years old!!! There are a couple of different trails so make sure to ask which one is past the Sabor tree. Overall, a pleasant hike even if it's a bit cloudy out.

Visited January 2014

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Climbing to the top of the Arenal volcano is one in a life-time experience. To witness Nature's power in all it's glory, this is a place to measure how little we are facing the depth of this smoking giant !

Visited February 2013
3 Thank CanadianCeline
Boston, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Nice hike”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Our family hiked up to the lava rocks towards the volcano on the Lava Flow trail. Not too strenuous but very interesting and got a pretty good view of the volcano - on the way back, we saw some birds and animals (an agouti) and very interesting plants as well. Wish we had seen some flowing lava!

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Adam D
Winnipeg, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“A great afternoon ”
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went on the Arenal Volcano Hike and loved it. We had a guide named Gabriel who was fantastic!! We went in the afternoon and were told we were very lucky to have such a great view with such a clear day. Our guide pointed out different plants and animals and explained the volcanos history. Our group was 5 people which was a perfect amount. Got tons of great pictures! Took about 3 hours to walk to and from the observation point.

3 Thank Casey_Kendra
Los Angeles, California
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Relaxing Attraction”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I recently went to the Arenal Volcano with a group of friends on our trip to La Fortuna.

We booked a nature hike with a guide. The guide was friendly and knowledgable, but the hike was pretty easy and I didn't feel like we got to go very far up. The volcano is still active, so you can't go too high because of gasses. I guess I expected more, and was disappointed (because of my own lack of knowledge).

The views of the volcano and the lake are absolutely beautiful, though! And we learned to eat termites if we ever get lost in the jungle without food (and I now know that I won't enjoy them very much!)

Visited December 2013