The Sanctuary Spa
Reviewed June 10, 2012

my husband and i went to Cr this past week and we loved everything but this hotel . No doubt the view is great and that they have 23 or so hot springs . We stayed at mountain paradise and we loved it. the View was amazing, the service was wonderful. They had a hot springs as well. We only went to the springs resort cause our friends told us about it. They have this two day package for 40$/each where u can use their springs other ameneties. Well, when we went there they conned us into buying a package for 90 something $ /each . It included ameneties, two activities and a meal for the two of us. We thought it was a great deal and so we bought it. We told them we could not come two days in a row and they stated thats okay as long as we are back within a week for our second day. Anyways , so our first day there we saw the animals in the cage and wanted to do one activiity. They told us we could not do any acitivity anymore cause they all shut down at 2 pm and it was 4pm. I was not happy about that cause they should have told us that before we purchased our package. I called the manager ( patrick) the next day and he said " no problem just come tommorow to front desk and we will refund you the money for the more expensive package" Well , I thought that was nice of them to be so understanding The next day when we arrived with our taxi, they did not let us pass the gates. They told us we could not come in cause a bus of 90 peopel came yesterday and no one else can come in. I explained to the gate keeper our situation and that we have spoken to patrick and that we have paid for services. They said to bad and that we should return back. I refused to leave, i got out of the taxi and told them i demand to speak to someone. 20 minutes later someone came to the gate and gave us our refund for 191 and told us sorry. They took away our tickets and said sorry we overbooked . I told them we paid 40$ for our taxi and demanded to get my money back for that as well. They said no. We were both so embarassed and humiliated. The taxi driver was just waiting for us. It was sooo embarassing. We ruined our entire evening because of this hotel . Personally speaking i would Never go back to this hotel. I loved where we stayed. Mountain paradise has a great view. Hotel las lagos and Bali are also two other hotels that have hot springs and are great. I hope they don't treat the animals as bad as they treated us.

Anyways, I love costa rica . Besides this little hiccup the entire trip was amazing.
people are costa rica are so wonderful and happy.
Pura Vida

Reviewed May 23, 2012

The resort was beautiful. Great view of the volcano from our room. The food was good-maybe a little pricey. The wild cat exhibit was great. I can't wait to get back. Not a great place for those who have trouble walking up stairs.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

My husband and I visited the springs after a long day of tours. It was great to sit and relax in the warm pools. The buffet was well stocked and food was good. My only issue is that the lockers were not that tall and some people had carry-on bags that would not fit in them...We had 2 backpacks and they fit fine.

1  Thank mnboxermom
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Forget about Tabacon and Baldi, it is all about The Springs!!! My cousin and I visited the Springs Resort and Spa once during our visit to Costa Rica. We paid $40 each for a two day pass but only went once. I could kick myself now for not going on a second night but we went on our last night so were unable to go for a second night. The $40 pass gets you two full day passes at the Springs Resort to use their pools and facilities. I think for an extra $30 per person it includes a buffet dinner one of those nights but we did not do this. Instead I ordered some food and a drink at the swim up bar which cost $18 with tax and tip. The bartender told me that he would call me when the food was ready, so I could relax in a nearby pool rather than wait around for my food. I ordered a chicken avocado sandwich and it was really good! The alcoholic drinks were a bit costly and ran and about $9 per drink. You can rent a locker for $7 and they will give you free towels. When our towels were soaked someone came to give us clean dry towels. I did not expect such service for being a day passer. What we loved about this place were the many thermal pools of varying degrees of temperature scattered all over the resort, which for the most part were empty. I felt like we had our own private stay. We went on the 4pm cat tour and got to see ocelots, margays, jaguarundi's and a puma. We also saw a few spider and capuchin monkeys. They were fun to watch. So, if you do not want to drop 400+ a night for a room at the Springs opt for a $40 two day pass, you will not regret it.

3  Thank evenstar944
Reviewed February 7, 2011

This hotel is an amazing hotel. We got a room on the lowest floor (the cheapest) and it had 2 full bathrooms (with one having a shower and a seperate jacuzzi) the other bathroom had a shower. The staff was super nice. There are about 15 different hot springs and were not crowded. Many times we had the pools to ourselves. There are two waterslides into the hot springs. The springs ranged in temperature. The food was amazing. I thought this hotel was a great bargain for all that it offered. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful!!!

2  Thank DutchLG