“Delicious "Typico" Cuisine”

Cascajo's del Arenal
Cuisines: Latin, Central American, Costa Rican, Spanish, South American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Very friendly people. Good choice of typical food- we had a nice fish. Quite place. You sit outside under a wooden roof.
Falls Church, Virginia
“Delicious "Typico" Cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

I enjoyed this restaurant more than any other one we tried in Costa Rica. We also were staying at the Tabacon Resort, but chose not to walk because it was dark and there is no sidewalk. However, a cab was only about 5 bucks. Even with cab fare to and from, the cost was less than dinner at the hotel. Plus the food was delicious. What surprised us most was the presentation. Clearly the chef takes great pride in his or her work. And is shows in the presentation, as well as the quality of the food.

Torrance, California
“The best steaks I ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

I ate a steak at "The Palms" restaurant in Las Vegas once. This restaurants' steaks are more tender and tastier than any place I ever ate at. I had the onion steak. My kids had the garlic steak. My kids and I agree this was the best steaks we ever ate. Tonight was our last night in Costa Rica and I'm going to miss this restaurant. The view and the staff at Cascajo's de Arenal are amazing.

La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
“"The best food I had in Costa Rica"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

We just had take out from this restaurant. We are staying at Tabacon Resort and walked to the restaurant ( about ten minutes ) . The food at this restaurant is so much better than the buffet and restaurants at Tabacon. The restaurants at Tabacon are very expensive. Save yourself alot of money and walk to this place.

Denver, Colorado
“This place has great food and an excellent view and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

Excellent local cuisine. Friendly service. Spotless outdoor dining. Right at the volcano's base. Beautiful views.

• Visited March 2014
Orlando, FL
“Loved our lunch so much, we had to go back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

We had a wonderful lunch here! Grilled chicken with onions, Tico rice and veggies. We also enjoyed our jugo de pina. The best meal we had during 17 days in Costa Rica - hands down. We loved it so much, we went back on our way to the next town on our itinerary.

The waiter was very nice and helpful. He took the time to answer all our questions and let us practice our Spanish. Prices are reasonable.

One thing I did not like was that the waiter fed the Coati that were congregating around the perimeter of the jungle side of the restaurant. I find this very irresponsible and he set the tone for restaurant patrons including some children who were throwing food and getting way too close to these wild animals.

• Visited February 2014