“Can't Overstate My Approval”

Cascajo's del Arenal
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Very friendly people. Good choice of typical food- we had a nice fish. Quite place. You sit outside under a wooden roof.
Leon, Nicaragua
“Can't Overstate My Approval”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

This place has a wonderful vantage of the volcano, excellent service, a vast selection of soft drinks that will knock your socks off, and decent pricing. I am not sure you can do better in the whole of the Arenal region.

I recommend the agua dulces and the milkshakes and the cocoa. The Volcano Rice dish is also wonderful (with chicken, is my preference).

The restaurant is also dog-friendly, and the staff is very polite.

Go. Eat there. As soon as you can.

• Visited February 2014

New York
“Yum!”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We drove by this place a few times on our way to/from the attractions at Arenal, but were unsure since it often looked empty. When we finally decided to check it our, we were greeted by friendly staff and served some of the freshest, most delicious food in the area. I started with a batido, my bf and I split the ceviche (YUM!), I had a rice dish and my boyfriend had a steak... everything was beyond our expectations. The Arenal area is full of tourist traps and places catering to the American taste buds, but this place was authentic and probably the best meal that we had while in the area. The steak was exceptionally memorable (I mean, everything is local and grass fed!!! c'mon! doesn't get fresher than this). If you are in the area and pass by, then definitely stop by and have a delicious meal here.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank JSigal5
Belle Mead, New Jersey
“Roadside surprise”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

We pasted this restaurant as we headed to our hotel. I took note as it had a local look to it. It is an restaurant that is open to the outside. We stopped for lunch there. We both had the rice dishes. Mine was the three meat and my wife had the shrimp. Both were excellent. The wait staff was personable and prompt. We are considering going back for dinner.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank rtjpl
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Best steak in arenal”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Go there for their Lava steak as it is so tender and delicious. The cierviche is made from sea bass. Wow! The server was excellent for these suggestions. The restaurant is open air but so enjoyable. PS. Be sure to have the vegetables.

Visited January 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Started off with a papaya juice which was the best I've had in CR. The mountain rice is a great option for vegetarians and the garlic sea bass is one of the best in Costa Rica. The food was presented nicely and the service is very attentive. Overall an exceptional dining experience, we'll definitely be recommending Cascajo's del Arenal to all our friends!

• Visited December 2013