This really is a wonderful property, too had it's so far off the beaten track, although that's also part of its charm. The access road is as bad as people say, but at the end of the road is a gorgeous hotel! Beautiful finishes, great views of the volcano from everywhere you look, 5 full stories. Lobby at the top, restaurants next level down, then spa and fitness, sushi bar down another level and finally the pools. The food was ok, they will basically serve whatever you want where you want it (we wanted to order off the fine dining menu but not sit in there since the room was empty, not an issue). Decent sushi at the bar. The hot springs near the main pool were a treat, very relaxing, as others have written the "lower" springs aren't really heated even though the little map at the hotel says they should be the hottest. Be careful if you go down the slide, my daughter scrapped her back pretty good on it! Our room was a family suite, spectacular! 2 king size beds, the rollaway was already in place, 2 huge bathrooms, plenty of towels, great showerhead, fantastic views. Just a sign of the quality of the place...in the minibar they had 4 red AND 4 white bottles of wine, I've never seen a selection like that in a minibar! Huge deck with multiple chairs and 2 hammocks. Truly the only negative is the location, it just adds a lot of time to anywhere you go, La Fortuna is a good 30 or so min drive, many of the activities as that long as well. That being said, I would go back, just wish we had more time to relax and enjoy the property. Service was great, they were without power for 6 hrs one of the days we were there (although we were already planning to be off-property the whole time) and they offered their guests lots of "comps" to make up for it...rafting trips, massages, etc. Manager Joey was very helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A World Class Luxury Resort featuring Spectacular Hot Springs, Picture Perfect Views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and Four Restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 28 mineral laden, artesian Hot Springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. All of our amenities make The Springs Luxury Resort & Spa a great destination for Costa Rica vacations, weddings, or a honeymoon. Our 27,000 square feet of event, convention and meeting space have also made us the leading Costa Rica conference hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park