The Springs Resort and Spa
Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$244
Hotels.com
Baldi Hot Springs Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$146
$134
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$215
$201
Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$114
$69
  • Breakfast included
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$179
$142
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Manoa Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$294
$165
Lost Iguana Resort & Spa(Arenal Volcano National Park)
$176
$143
Hotel El Silencio del Campo(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$156
Travelocity
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$299
TripAdvisor
Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$449
2,578 results
All reviewsclub riohorseback ridingday passsushi barhot springsthe riveranimal sanctuarylas ventanasmonkey slidespring poolsrock climbingarenal volcanocosta ricalee bankssister propertyzip liningvarying temperatures
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I would like to start off by saying that I am a travel agent and was invited to experience The Springs by the owner and sales manager of the resort as well as it's sister property, La Paz Waterfall gardens / Peace Lodge. I brought my never-been-out-of-the-country friend to join me in this experience.

The Springs is every bit as gorgeous as the website and other reviews portray. The thermal pools were luxurious and were so perfectly placed within the property that there was plenty of room to hide away and have your own hot spring for a while. We were fortunate to stay in a two bedroom family suite with direct views of Arenal Volcano. My bathroom in and of itself was so beautiful, complete with a jacuzzi tub, shower and more room than I could possibly ever need. My bed faced a wall of windows that lead to our huge balcony complete with hammocks and table and chairs. Needless to say, we spent a fair amount of time out there. The second bedroom had two twin beds, a jacuzzi tub in front of the window and it's own bathroom. Words can't describe the room so take a look at the photos. As far as the staff goes at the Springs goes, a few words comes to mind : attentive, friendly and fun! The staff at The Springs be sure to call you by your first name and take time out to know who you are and what you're all about. We invited some of the wait staff to join us out in La Fortuna and sure enough they did! We spent the night chatting with them as though we'd known them for years.
This is an excellent property to go to if you're wanting to completely unwind and feel like royalty. The accommodations, the surroundings, the staff and the overall vibe of the resort left me feeling like I was in paradise.

The only thing I would change would be the music in Las Ventanas restaurant. It was the same music over and over again and although it was lovely, it got a little old to listen to. Overall, a lot of thought and love went into making this property what it is. A great big thanks to Lee Banks for having such beautiful dreams and for turning them into realities that we can all enjoy.

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor to ensure great views of the volcano however.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank VivaCarmen
Reviewed December 12, 2013

My wife and I and our friends had the pleasure to stay here and it was nothing short of a great time. In my opinion, one of the best hotels in Costa Rica. The amenities at this hotel were awesome. For one, the incredible hot spring pools. One could not explain how awesome these pools are over a review like this one, you must be see it to believe it so to speak. On top of that, the pool bar is great, along with the many restaurants they have to offer. They do have a nice gym if your in the mood for a work out, or spa if your in the mood for a massage. On top of the amenities, is the amazing view of the volcano Arenal from the hotel. It's not a question if we are going back, because we will definitely be back. From a scale one to ten we give this hotel a 9! We look forward to going back soon.

One thing that we did not really enjoy so much was the Cheeseburger or Turkey sandwich from the pool bar. Food can be fixed very easily though. Nachos are super good!!!

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank Oppyidol
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Spent our anniversary at the resort. A beautiful location, a gorgeous facility, amazing people working there to take care of your every need, and the price was extremely reasonable. Thank you to Alan at the reception desk, to Hernando- our dinner waiter, and to Rondo, the breakfast waiter. All had nothing but smiles and great service for us. The rooms were exquisitely furnished, extremely comfortable, & very private . Getting around the 159 acre resort was a breeze. Our only disappointment was that Arenal Volcano was engulfed in clouds. But, that's ok, as we saw it last trip.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Arenal
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Steve P
Reviewed December 11, 2013

My husband and I just left The Springs after a heavenly stay. The staff was super friendly and helpful at every turn. Our suite was exquisitely furnished and had an amazing view of Arenal Volcano. The many thermal pools were therapeutically relaxing. Our dinner at Las Ventanas was excellent. I recommend making a reservation before sunset to enjoy the view. I loved the grilled romaine salad followed by a palate-cleansing passion fruit sorbet before the Salmon entree with an avocado side and sushi rice.

We also took a tour of their Wildlife Sanctuary and applaud their efforts at caring for animals that have been confiscated. There were just a few mosquitos, so if you're prone to bites you may want to bring some repellant. The Springs is the nicest resort we've been to in La Fortuna and we've been going there for 15 years.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Evelyn G
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We bought passes for the hot springs section at the resort and also wanted to book a room for the night, but they were already booked full. With that being said, the kind man at the front desk actually called local competitors for us and found out what nearby resorts did have rooms available and their prices. Unbelievable! It was such a huge help to us! The room prices at The Springs resort were very steep, but I can only imagine that the rooms were beautiful. Regardless, the staff was very friendly to us even though we were not staying in one of their rooms.

We went to The Springs hot springs pools in the evening and it was a very romantic setting with the lighting and lounging in the warm water. In the evening, it would probably be better for couples than for kids or friends-only travelers. We were lucky and had most of the hot springs to ourselves. In fact we almost had the whole area to ourselves. I guess most of the guests don't go to the hot springs in the evening? Bonus for us, however! There is a swim up bar as well in the pool area, and the bartenders were friendly. The hottest spring they had was listed as 103F, but it didn't feel too hot, I actually would have liked it a little hotter, but it was relaxing nonetheless. The scenery around the pools is pretty and very jungle-like. Dim lights are around the pools and small waterfalls adding to the romantic feel. You have to pay extra for a towel and locker, but it's worth it.

According to the sign posted at the resort, it stated that the water in the pools was naturally fortified with minerals and they actually drain the pools each night and have fresh water in them for the next day.

Overall, The Springs was a beautiful place. If you are on a tight budget, like myself, this place may be too expensive for you. But you do get what you pay for. The staff was unbelievably friendly and helpful. If you can afford it, I definitely recommend a visit to this resort!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends