The Springs Resort and Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Mountain Paradise(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
  • Breakfast included
Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
View Hotel
Hotel Kokoro Arenal(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
  • Breakfast included
Nayara Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
View Hotel
Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Manoa Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
View Hotel
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Volcano Inn(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
2,564 results
All reviewsclub riohorseback ridingday passsushi barhot springsthe riveranimal sanctuarylas ventanasmonkey slidespring poolsrock climbingarenal volcanocosta ricalee bankssister propertyzip liningvarying temperatures
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2013

One of the best hotels in the Arenal Volcano area. The rooms are nice and spacious. They have a nice terrace with a great view of the volcano. There are a lot of activities for the whole family. Service is very good, they are friendly and helpful, the food is good. There are three separate areas of hot springs, son you never feel crowded. There is a pool with swim up bar that you can sit and have a drink and a bite and have a great view of the volcano.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2013

AWESOME. We loved this place. Greeted so warmly and immediately knew we had found a great home for a few days. All of the staff bends over backwards to help you, always with a kind greeting.

All of the family amenities you can imagine for kids, all the while meeting parents expectations. Great spa, etc. Gorgeous and super pool, super hot springs pools, just beautiful beyond compare. The grounds on this property are stunning and I could walk them and stare at them and sit at every different location for hours on end if I could! Club Rio is a quick ride down the hill, offering kayaking, tubing on a rapids river ... my kids loved it. Sushi bar was awesome, and a great place to watch ball games during March Madness. Right off the sushi bar is the very complete kids room, with tons of games electronic and otherwise. The other restaurants are good .. nothing special in terms of food, but fine.

We had a clear and beautiful view of the volcano one day, but apparently this isn't always the case and people get disappointed. The weather is always in flux-- so the view can be obstructed by clouds for days or weeks at a time, apparently. Also, the volcano is not active, despite all kinds of awesome pictures showing erupting lava online. It is a STUNNING view from the hotel, when it's clear.

We had two rooms that were not connected -- despite confirming connecting rooms. The guy looked at me like I was crazy as he was letting us in to them and I questioned that they weren't connected. Because the hotel was full I didn't fight it, and my husband and I just split up and each stayed in one. The man at hotel said "oh people leave their kids in their own room all the time." Maybe I was overreacting .. or maybe not ;-) One of our rooms had a bad moldy smell, which I notified them of... surprising for a place this nice (avoid room 108). And our safe was locked upon arrival, which never got fixed despite asking for help. (we just used the safe in the other room.) Oh well, Pura Vida! Despite these minor issues, the rooms are beautiful and the bathrooms are all marble and just beautiful. Lovely patio with two lovely hammocks too! The Springs was a favorite in Costa Rica.

Room Tip: All of the rooms appeared to have a great view. I'm sure they're all very nice.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Long overdue review of this resort (visited in Jan or Feb of 2012). I did not stay here but utilized a two day access pass to enjoy the springs and facilities. After a day of horseback riding and ziplining, nothing says vacation than a tropical drink and soaking in hot springs.

This place is one of my top 5 favorites in the world --- and yes, I have stayed or utilized 5 star resorts throughout the world.

Eat the sushi -- fresh and delicious. Have a couple drinks -- refreshing. Take a tour of their sanctuary -- beautiful animals. Enjoy the waters --- it is a true paradise, both at night and during the day.

This place is a MUST to visit and enjoy when in the Arenal area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank dcgalesq
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We didn't actually stay a The Springs, but we used the Hot Springs Two Day Pass to have dinner (twice), swam in the hot springs and explore the Club Rio Outdoor Center. This review is about our special dinner at Las Ventanas. This trip to Costa Rica was the culmination of my surprise 50th birthday. Part of that surprise was dinner at fabulous Las Ventanas (The Windows), located at The Springs Resort and Spa, with a view of Volcán Arenal. This is truly a first class facility and they really make you feel welcomed and part of the family. Our reservations were at night, so didn't get to see the volcano but the experience we had there (service, food, recommendations, etc.) make us want to return as soon as possible. We started off with the Wild Mushroom Bruschetta Appetizer (Caramelized Leeks, Pancetta, Rosemary and a Sherry Cream Sauce served on Crostini). For dinner, LJ had the Blackened Mahi Mahi Entrée (with a Jalapeño Beurre Blanc sauce and served with Pearl Potatoes and Sautéed Vegetables) while I had the Bleu Cheese Ribeye Entrée (Certified Angus Choice Rib Eye with a Bleu Cheese Compound Butter served with Potato Au Gratin, Green Beans and Oregano Oil). To end the evening, we selected the Caramelized Apple Dessert (a very delicate combination with a Confit Sweet Potato Quenelle, Basil Sorbet, Cream of Flan and Mixed Candied Nuts) and Caffè Corretto.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the Hot Springs Two Day Pass.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barry H
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Lots of activities for the whole family. Thermal waters are amazing with several pools that spread throughout the area so you are never crowded. Many restaurants offer a variety of choices. Magnificent view of the Arenal volcano from all areas of the resort. Comfortable accomodations and great service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple