“Pretty Good”

$134.99*
Monteverde Cloud Forest and Butterfly Garden from Guanacaste
Ranked #153 of 506 Tours in Province of Guanacaste
More attraction details
Owner description: Tours, ground transportation, hotel reservations, rent a car reservations, transfers, package reservations. All for individual travel and group travel
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I just got back from Costa Rica and I took airport transportation and couple of trips from these guys.

We are very satisfied with the airport transportation. They were on time and completely professional.

Arenal volcano trip was 180 dollars and yes it was the most expensive trip. There was a lot of driving and during the drive we didn't see many animals, except for couple of birds. The drive was exhausting and the scenes were good. there was a view of lake from diff angles and it was pretty. We had food at Todd Hall and the food was ok. Nothing exceptional. But its ok. We went to zip lining and it was amazing. There are many other tours with zip lining but only take thing one. Its worth it. This trip is called SKY TREK. They do charge $10 for your picture taken and I recommend you take it. after that we went to hot springs and it was good and had a pretty good diner. The hot springs is called "Baldi resort". But over all I felt it was pricey.

Zumbo tour, which has zip lining, horse riding, mud bath and hot springs. this was 115. But not worth at all. Zip lining is nothing compared to the arena volcano one. Horse riding is about 45 minutes and it was good, but compared to the one we did in Mexico on the beach, this was intense. The paths were muddy and it wad definitely adventurous. The mud bath is a joke. they have a huge bowl of mud and they say its from volcano. You just have to apply the mud and wait till it dries and wash it off. The hot spring is like a pool and its like a death bed for all the insects. But as its natural, we took a dip in it, but didn't sit there for long. Lunch there is ok, same rice and beans with chicken and beef. If you do buy this one, do take your own towels, they provide towels but they are old and muddy.

Overall, its a good trip. Be careful while you spend all the money. Do research a lot more while you take something.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

We used CAtours for two trips and transportation to and from the airport. We took the trip over to Arenal Volcano and the hot springs one day, and to Rincon de La Vieja another. Our tour guide for the day in Arenal was Mauricio and he was awesome. He went out of his way to be informative, and to keep us interested the entire time, which I thought was important since we were in the bus for almost 8 hours that day. I would definitely recommend trying to book a tour with him as your guide. We had Freddy for the day at Rincon de La Vieja, and he was good too, I just didn't care for that tour as much. Overall though I would definitely recommend going with these guys!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I just returned from Liberia and stayed at the Riu Palace. My daughter and I went on two tours. We had the same tour guide for both. His name was Reiner and he was an expert on birds and other wildlife. We toured a rainforest and did a boat tour, where we saw howler monkeys, crocodiles, iguana, and different birds. He could howl like the monkeys. He made us feel at home. These tours were an excellent experience for us.
Janet Murray

Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

My mother and I had the pleasure of taking two tours back to back days and got the same guide for both. We were ecstatic! Or guides name was Reiner, and he was awesome!!! The tours were both informative and entertaining. I would defiantly reccomend using this company if you're in Costa Rica. Make sure you ask for Reiner!!!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We traveled with a group of 8 couples. Starting with Ana picking us up at the airport, she had the driver stop along the way, so we could hydrate on our way to the resort. We booked several different tours for the week. The super combo tour of zip lining, horseback riding (which some of us stayed around the pool instead). The hot springs and mud bath was not much, but at least I got to experience. The road trip was an experience (very poor roads), but Maurico was very informative of the area. We also requested Mau for our jungle tour three days later. He and Rainer took care of us with making a second stop to a shop we had been to a few days prior (local gifts at great prices). They also stopped along the way to let us fill up on beverages. Jungle tour had lots of monkeys, crocs and birds.