We traveled to Recreo to share our anniversary with varied family members,so we had ages from young adults to senior citizens, and my mom was in a walking boot also due to a foot injury.
Recreo did nothing but make us feel comfortable and take care of needs we didn't even think of. On our first trip to the wonderful deserted beach, they brought us lunch and beach lounges, and when they saw my mom sitting in the golf cart because she couldn't get down into the lounge chair they brought her a upright dining chair to sit in!
The ocean kayaking was so much fun, as was all the excursions we went on,where again they were so thoughtful of nana's limitations. She especially loved the extra care she got from Carlos, who was very helpful to all of us,and thought of everything and offered suggestions as to our itinerary. We especially enjoyed the day at NIcaragua, and the day at Ricon de la Vieja where zip lining was a very memorable first for 3 of our group!
The food prepared by our chef Heidy, was varied and absolutely wonderful. The fresh salsa and guacamole were favorite snacks, and the fresh fruit served with every meal was fantastic, as was the divine desserts. We let them pick the menu for us, and they provided lobster tails and champagne for our anniversary dinner; but it was like eating out every night, not having to go out, and not having to decide on what to choose to eat, we had some thing different every night we were there.
Six of us got massages the day of arrival (2 different days) from Jennifer, to unkink our traveling muscles. Even after doing 3 in a row, the third massage was said to be as wonderful as the first one was. She was a dream, and it has to rate as one of the best massages I have ever had in my life.
There is so much to see and do, we were all excited by the monkeys we saw several times around our villa,and the private pool was so nice to use anytime we wanted to step outside!
Make sure to visit the mountaintop for the sunset, it was breathtaking!
One morning we took the most amazing boat ride, and watched a mother whale and infant play in the water for half an hour, it's like they were putting on a show just for us!
There is so much we didn't do that I can't wait to go back again. Thanks Recreo for the most memorable vacation of a lifetime!
Yes Recreo is secluded, but the personal attention you get makes you feel like this is your little piece of paradise, at a very lavish villa right in the heart of the jungle! I enjoyed this more than any vacation in a crowded resort where you are standing in line for the amenities we had right at our fingertips.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recreo Resort, a 63-acre mountain and beach estate near Playa Rajada is just 1 hour and 30 minutes from Liberia airport. Choose from one of our private villas, all with private pools and ocean views. During the holidays,included in the price of the All-Inclusive package are airport transfers, a villa cook and housekeeper, all meals and beverages, concierge and all onsite activities including kayaking, tennis, mountain biking, hiking, snorkeling and a range of beach activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Recreo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Recreo Hotel Province Of Guanacaste
- Recreo Costa Rica/Guanacaste