We really enjoyed our stay at Rancho Naturalista. It has a very relaxed rhythm. The food is good though as with everywhere in Costa Rica, vegetarian is a new and somewhat misunderstood concept, the chef did though cook to specific requests, which is frankly great given the broad audience he was serving. On arrival we sat on the balcony and just enjoyed the hummingbirds buzzing around the feeders. You can't help but smile. The views are great and the other guests were fun and interesting. There's plenty of birding to do from the site and within the locale and it was the best place we stayed in Costa Rica by a distance. The guides are young but expert, seeing stuff we'd never have got by ourselves, definitely worth a visit! They could do a bit more maintenance and our room allocation was unfortunate given the circumstances but these were minor inconveniences given the really very pleasant and relaxing stay we had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The premier birding lodge in Costa Rica, Rancho Naturalista is among the finest in Central America. There are plentiful hummingbirds on the large, open upstairs balcony where you can view the distant smoking volcano. Over 430 species of birds have been recorded in the area. You can hike and bird the trails on your own, and excellent guides are available as well. At Rancho Naturalista the atmosphere is warm and relaxed, and the staff are friendly and welcoming. This comfortable lodge is famous for its excellent food, well prepared, and made with the best fresh local ingredients. (All meals are included.) The weather is almost perfect, not too hot and not too cold. Rancho Naturalista is a wonderful getaway for bird watchers, hikers, and nature lovers! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Naturalista Turrialba
- Rancho Naturalista Hotel Turrialba
- Rancho Naturalista Costa Rica/Turrialba