We stayed at this delightful Lodge as part of a group tour and it was my favourite of the trip We were met on arrival by everyone at the property which was nice. Our room opened directly onto the balcony and the feeders there are wonderful to watch especially early morning and evening. The room was furnished with a beautiful rustic theme. The food during our stay was excellent home made and fresh.The birding there was great with trails etc to discover.
This is a relaxed and extremely friendly lodging, although we had our own excellent guide and tour leader Harry accompanied us and helped with information and advice on spotting the birds.
A wonderful oasis which we would certainly visit again without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The premier birding lodge in Costa Rica, Rancho Naturalista is among the finest in Central America. There are plentiful hummingbirds on the large, open upstairs balcony where you can view the distant smoking volcano. Over 430 species of birds have been recorded in the area. You can hike and bird the trails on your own, and excellent guides are available as well. At Rancho Naturalista the atmosphere is warm and relaxed, and the staff are friendly and welcoming. This comfortable lodge is famous for its excellent food, well prepared, and made with the best fresh local ingredients. (All meals are included.) The weather is almost perfect, not too hot and not too cold. Rancho Naturalista is a wonderful getaway for bird watchers, hikers, and nature lovers! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Naturalista Turrialba
- Rancho Naturalista Hotel Turrialba
- Rancho Naturalista Costa Rica/Turrialba