Hostel Casa de Lis
$65
$94
$69
Travelocity
Green Mountain and Lodge(Turrialba)(Great Value!)
$44
Rancho Naturalista(Turrialba)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsroof terracefree coffeewell equipped kitchenprivate roomthe ownerrio pacuareriver adventurescosta ricawhite water raftinggarden arearafting tripstayed here for one nightceiling fancentral americacomfortable bedshot waterwonderful place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 15, 2013

A very comfortable hostel, with all the necessary services in perfect condition, very nice, I recommend it. The back area is perfect for relaxing in a chair or rocking chair on the grass, helps you forget you're in the middle of the city

Room Tip: The back room is more comfortable, in my opinion.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ignacio_tortuga
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Casa de lis is more like a boutique hostel than anything else. If you are a budget traveller, you have hit the jackpot! If you are a couple or family, you too will be pleased with this find. You will be in awe at how clean this place is! The rooms are spotless, well arranged and decorated. Service is also great, with friendly staff and helpful suggestions. Compared to other hostels I travelled to in central America, this is one of the best. The town of turrialba itself is not do beautiful but we enjoyed the whitewater rafting adventure. Enjoy!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank NotSoBackPacker
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Wonderful service from all the staff especially the owner, Lisette who was able to help us with whatever we needed. Very comfortable, pristinely clean and well appointed rooms. The whole place has a lovely energy and we felt very much at home.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank evelynCalgary
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Having not stayed in a backpacker hostel in 10 years, I was not excited about sharing a dormitory with others, but having not made a reservation, this was my only option. The experience could not have been a better opportunity to center myself and prepare mentally for the return to the airport and what lies beyond. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank ChocolateDan
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I thought my days in Hostels had long since passed but I am so glad to have stayed at Casa de Lis. Admittedly we had a private room but the whole place was great - clean, comfortable, welcoming, helpful and friendly staff, lovely communal areas, great location, hot showers, good price, well equiped kitchen, laundry. They even looked after our bags for us when we went off for a 2 day rafting trip. For kayakers they even have a wet area to store and dry your kit and off street parking if you're driving. Or it's a 10 minute walk to the bus station. They have good links with the tour companies and a long list of local hikes and activities. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple