Hostel Casa de Lis
  • Room Service
  • Free Internet
Hotel Quelitales(Cartago)
View Hotel
All reviewsroof terracefree coffeewell equipped kitchenprivate roomthe ownerrio pacuareriver adventurescosta ricawhite water raftinggarden arearafting tripstayed here for one nightceiling fancentral americacomfortable bedshot waterwonderful place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I'll echo another reviewer's thoughts: this is the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in. Would you believe that even the kitchen was clean? In addition to the cleanliness, the staff was really great and our room(s) were very nice. I loved that the coffee was ready at 6:00 am every morning!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LinzAndrews
Reviewed June 22, 2012

clean, nice people, good location!!!!
everythings perfect

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank sophie483
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I arrived to a warm welcome from staff member, Kurt, who was extremely helpful in recommending tours and reputable companies in the area. He also pointed out a whole section of the wall dedicated to travel assistance. There were bus schedules, tour recommendations (both self-guided and with the local tour companies), and maps of the area. Owner Lisette showed up a little bit later and was happy to call a great tour company for me so I could go rafting in the morning.

Clean towels and sheets come standard. The hostel was extremely clean, and the kitchen was immaculate and had everything you might need to cook your own meals. Breakfast is available for a few dollars, and I recommend the pancakes. The store was out of bananas, so I had mine with mango.

Casa de Lis is secure, spacious, and quite beautiful. There is a small book exchange. The rooms are clean, and the beds are really comfortable, the most comfortable I've had in my seven weeks on the road. A fan and reading lamp are found on each bed. The bathrooms are well-decorated and very clean. The back patio is lovely and offers access to a small yard. You really get the feeling you're in someone's private home. I am looking forward to going back!

Room Tip: The rooms toward the back are a little quieter, only because they're away from the street noise, which is nonexistent at night but can get loud in the mornings.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank hbud75
Reviewed May 16, 2012

This is one of the cleanest hostels I have ever stayed in. I stayed here for several days while working out of Turrialba, and I highly recommend it if you are in the area. The kitchen is free to use, the laundry room is available to use for a fair price, and the back deck is a nice place to chill out in the evenings. There are several dirty, poorly ventilated hostel's in the Turri area, so it is great to see this new place open for business. I will definitely be staying here when I return.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank k c
Reviewed April 19, 2012

we stayed in this hostel for two nights and this is the cleanest and nicest hostel we saw and stayed in costa rica. we can highly recommend to anyone to stay here. lisa in really nice and helpful, rooms are spaceous and clean (very!), bathrooms the best we have seen, kitchen perfect for all you need. everything is done with a style!

• Stayed: April 2012