“The only travel agency I use for CR trips!!!!!”
Review of Explornatura

Class III-IV Whitewater Rafting at Pacuare River from Turrialba
Ranked #3 of 18 Tours in Turrialba
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Explornatura offers rafting, canyoneering, ziplines and lots of overall adventure vacations in Costa Rica. Merge the natural attractions of Costa Rica with the a local cultural experience while traveling down rivers, over mountains and top trees, and along beaches while meeting the friendly, happy people of Costa Rica. Turrialba, a rural town centrally located just 2 hours from San Jose, is the home of Explornatura Adventure Travel. Locally owned and operated, we are adventure specialists and nature lovers with more than 20 years’ experience in Adventure Vacationswith an impeccable safety record. We also own and operate the Canyoning Tour and the Pacuare River Rafting expeditions. Whatever is your idea of adventure and nature vacations include, we will exceed your expectations.
Reviewed February 11, 2014

They are awesome!!!!!!!! I have been to CR several times and they are the best. In fact , I recommend them to all my friends planning on going to CR. They are professional, efficient and always exceed my expectations. They are willing to work with your budget for the best experience. The excursions were all well organized, safe and affordable. Keep up the good work guys and if you need a private driver ask for Ceasar.

1  Thank MitzWoldegebriel
Explorador2020, Propietario at Explornatura, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

We are proud for your preference. Thank you very much for all your recommendations and taking the time to write a comment.

I hope to see you in Costa Rica again

Reviewed February 1, 2014

This was the best rafting experience I've ever had! I have gone whitewater rafting a handful of times, but the Pacuare river was something special. I went with a group of 10 friends, and Explornatura exceeded expectations for all of us. I would recommend them to any and everyone. Osvaldo was our river guide, and he serenaded us with song, made us very comfortable, and added some humor to relax the concerns. They fed us breakfast at a Bungalow in Turrialba and lunch was made by the guides on the river. Both were great meals. Booking was flawless, and they were early to pick us up, which isnt always the case in Costa Rica.

Loved it!

Explorador2020, Owner at Explornatura, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

I agree with you, Pacuare is the best rafting you can do.

Thank you for coming with us and for taking the time to write your comment.

I hope you are your friends had a great trip in Costa Rica

Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

We found Explornatura by recommendation from other travelers on Tripadvisor. Our family of 4 (kids ages 7,8) had a really great time from start to the end on the whitewater rafting tour by Explornatura. They adjusted the start time, since we arrived late, made a stop at a nice local restaurant to accommodate our lunch. The whole crew (of 3) worked as a team. We felt that we were in good hands. I am not a fan of big groups, and the whole experience was customized to our needs. Thanks for being so flexible and making our experience so great! Great tour, great service, and would highly recommend it to others - overall Turrialba area is very beautiful - had lots of fun!

The Pejibaye river is one of the best families activities in Costa Rica.

Thank you very much for your words, I am going to send your comment to the 3 guides of your trip.

I hope you come back to do the Pacuare river when your children get to 12 years old.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Explornatura is great!
They'll make it happen for you, whatever you want to do! They are personal, and friendly people and they love what they do. They'll take the extra time to make your trip even better.

I did whitewater kayaking on the Peijiyabe (Class II-III). I suggest taking a duckie! It is pretty fun. I also used a hard kayak for the Class II portion which was also a lot of fun. Although the water level was a little low, so I'd recommend to wait for higher levels for that (not dry season).

They'll make you delicious food with fresh fruit!! I loved the Pejiyabe as it was quiet, clean, and fresh water.

Explornatura also seems to be more bang-for-your buck than some of the other prices i've seen. The guides are friendly and experienced!

The duckies are a lot of fun. I am happy to know about your good experience on the Pejibaye river.

Thank you for your comment and keep doing kayaking.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

One day after our arrival in Costa Rica, we moved to Turrialba for a great rafting trip on Rio Pacuare.
Wonderfull nature, challenging rapids and an excellent guide, Osvaldo!
He has the secret to motivate people while having great times.
The service went even further than expected when came the lunch time : a huge fresh homemade buffet. Undoubtedly the best lunch in Costa Rica!

The level was already super high! How to better start a trip?!

Highly recommended!!!

Explorador2020, Propietario at Explornatura, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you very much for make the review. I agree with you Pacuare is the best way to start your trip.
I hope the rest of your trip was as good as your experience in Pacuare.