“Best way to start a trip in Costa Rica”
Review of Explornatura

Class III-IV Whitewater Rafting at Pacuare River from Turrialba
Ranked #2 of 18 Tours in Turrialba
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Explornatura offers rafting, canyoneering, ziplines and lots of overall adventure vacations in Costa Rica. Merge the natural attractions of Costa Rica with the a local cultural experience while traveling down rivers, over mountains and top trees, and along beaches while meeting the friendly, happy people of Costa Rica. Turrialba, a rural town centrally located just 2 hours from San Jose, is the home of Explornatura Adventure Travel. Locally owned and operated, we are adventure specialists and nature lovers with more than 20 years’ experience in Adventure Vacationswith an impeccable safety record. We also own and operate the Canyoning Tour and the Pacuare River Rafting expeditions. Whatever is your idea of adventure and nature vacations include, we will exceed your expectations.
Reviewed December 22, 2013

One day after our arrival in Costa Rica, we moved to Turrialba for a great rafting trip on Rio Pacuare.
Wonderfull nature, challenging rapids and an excellent guide, Osvaldo!
He has the secret to motivate people while having great times.
The service went even further than expected when came the lunch time : a huge fresh homemade buffet. Undoubtedly the best lunch in Costa Rica!

The level was already super high! How to better start a trip?!

Highly recommended!!!

Explorador2020, Propietario at Explornatura, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you very much for make the review. I agree with you Pacuare is the best way to start your trip.
I hope the rest of your trip was as good as your experience in Pacuare.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Great trip down the Rio Pacuare with Explornatura. The office staff were incredibly helpful, before arriving in Costa Rica, answering questions and the guide on the day was top class.Highly recommended.

Explorador2020, Propietario at Explornatura, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you very much for your review.

I am glad to know that the office and guide work combined for a good trip for you.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We booked this rafting trip for our nieces and nephew when we took a trip together to Costa Rica. We had used this company 3 years ago for the same rafting trip with our daughters. It was fantastic for them, the river was running because it was October, and there was lots of adventure in this "calm" rapid in Costa River. For them, they were in awe of the beauty of the river and the challenge of rafting. The beautiful lunch prepared, especially the fresh fruits and guacamole were memorable. Don't hesitate to book your tour with Explornatura, they are very safety conscious and know the country well.

Explorador2020, Propietario at Explornatura, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

We are proud to have your family for a second time in Costa Rica

Thank you for your comments.

I hope to have you for the third time, your kids are going to be old enough for the Pacuare river.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Based on the excellent reviews on TA, we mailed Explor Natura a few days before to ask some questions. We received quick and honest answers and decided to go ahead and book the canyoning and ziplining tour followed by the white water rafting tour the next day. Unfortunately, I was not feeling too well and had to cancel the trip out of precaution and very last minute (day before the tour), luckily, the staff at Explor Natura was very understanding. The next morning I called back at 8h as I was feeling much better and within half an hour they picked us up for a great half day of canyoning and ziplining. Wow! Our guides Mario and Damon were so nice and reassuring I fell safe the whole time (although I was sooo scared). It was amazing and this purely because of our guides who put safety first followed by a big amount of fun!
The next day (with some sore arms of the rappeling), we went on the white water rafting tour with our guide Oswaldo and followed by Luigi in the kayak. Wow! Wow! Since we were the only 2 guests (green season), we had to paddle so much during our tour of 18 miles. But we stopped at a waterfall with water so fresh and pure that it was worthwhile (we saw other rafts fully loaded continue without stopping at the gems). The lunch they prepared was good, the pictures Luigi shot were so professional, the explanations and guidance by Oswaldo were so good, we had an amazing experience!!!

Explorador2020, Propietario at Explornatura, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for your all the details of your review.

I am glad you had the opotunity to do the Canyoneering trip. You were very nice to inform us about your sickens the day before.

Our river guides love the Pacuare river and they enjoy doing the stops to enjoy the waterfalls.

I am going to send your commnts to our guides.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This trip hit the sweet spot for me. Our captain steered true and with our help we met every wave head on, well we did get turned around a couple of times. So we got a wild ride but I had confidence that we weren't going to get dumped into the river. We had time to hear from our leader about the indigenous settlements along the way and the relatively tranquil waters gave us a chance to enjoy being a part of a wild place. He and the expert kayaker prepared a wonderful lunch in a sheltered location. They even arranged for my car to be at our destination so that I could continue to my next adventure in La Fortuna without backtracking. I expect to return to Costa Rica and will see what else Explorenatura has to offer.

Explorador2020, Propietario at Explornatura, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Have you in our trip was a pleasure for us.

Thank you for write your review.

I hope you have a great time in Fortuna and the rest of your trip in Costa Rica.

I am looking forward to your next visit to Turrialba.