“Adventure Tours With Explornatura”
Review of Explornatura

Class III-IV Whitewater Rafting at Pacuare River from Turrialba
Ranked #3 of 18 Tours in Turrialba
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Explornatura offers rafting, canyoneering, ziplines and lots of overall adventure vacations in Costa Rica. Merge the natural attractions of Costa Rica with the a local cultural experience while traveling down rivers, over mountains and top trees, and along beaches while meeting the friendly, happy people of Costa Rica. Turrialba, a rural town centrally located just 2 hours from San Jose, is the home of Explornatura Adventure Travel. Locally owned and operated, we are adventure specialists and nature lovers with more than 20 years’ experience in Adventure Vacationswith an impeccable safety record. We also own and operate the Canyoning Tour and the Pacuare River Rafting expeditions. Whatever is your idea of adventure and nature vacations include, we will exceed your expectations.
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is the third time I have been in Costa Rica, and Explornatura has always managed to keep it exciting and fun. When I get the chance to get away, I choose locations with plenty of adventures. The rafting and canyoneering are my favorite to-do-list when I return to the country.

I highly recommend the services offered by Explornatura!

1  Thank Russo_Travel_Stories
Explorador2020, Propietario at Explornatura, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for your preference. It is always a pleasure have you in Costa Rica with us.

I hope to see you one more time.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was the most exciting time I've ever had in my life!! Never thought I'd be rappelling down a mountain let alone through waterfalls? Then zip-lining from different parts of the mountain? lol man, the next day we went on a 3 hour rafting adventure down one of the best rivers in the world! The Pacuare river was so surreal, every time i turned we saw something amazing, almost like we were filming our own movie! lol Amazing! This was such a memorial adventure! The only regret is that i wished all of my close friends and family went on these two adventures with me because words can only describe so much. Highly recommend and cant wait to experience this again with the next adventurous group and make new friends!!

Pura Vida!!!
eddie

1  Thank eddie a
Explorador2020, Owner at Explornatura, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

I am glad for your experience, I hope we can see you back with your friends and family

Thank you for your words.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I've done this trip for the fifth time now and I just have to say that it keeps getting better and better. Rappel in waterfalls, ziplining in the forest, a thrilling hanging bridge and some rock climbing. The tour was around 2,5 hours. Definitively a lot of fun. I took my 60 yr. old mother for her birthday and she had a blast. The facilities were in good shape and clean. Lunch was delicious. And the guides and staff were friendly and professional, they treated us warmly and not like a regular client. What I also love about this trip is how close it is to San Jose and the drive there is beautiful, Turrialba is so beautiful. BTW, I've done rafting with explornatura too and in comparison with other companies, they are equally friendly, professional and a lot safer compared to larger companies.

1  Thank Ticocaliche
Explorador2020, Propietario at Explornatura, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments.

It was a pleasure to be part of your mom's birthday.

I am going to keep you inform about our new expeditions.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I've been bringing students to Costa Rica for the last 10 yrs and love my time in Turrialba. This was my first trip doing epic all day rides. Exploranatura's guide Jorge and Massi and Ronald were great hosts and we put together an awesome exploratory experience focusing on mountain biking. Stay tuned for Hopper Adventures epic Costa Rica Mtb trips!

2  Thank migchapulin
Explorador2020, Propietario at Explornatura, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

We are very excited for your new hopper adventures. We thank you for being such a good and loyal costumer for many years.

We enjoyed your first biking trip

Hope to see you soon

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We were staying in Turrialba and the canyoning tour was highly recommended. The guides were exceptional getting our group from the top to the bottom unscathed. We had two smaller children with us and they were excellent with them. Safety was their utmost priority and not once during the tour did I feel unsafe. At the end of the tour we were welcomed with a wonderful typical Costa Rican lunch!! We also had the option to buy the DVD of our group at the end, which we absolutely did!

1  Thank Hamilton_OntarioDeb
Explorador2020, Propietario at Explornatura, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

We love to work with families, thank you very much for your visit and your comments.

Your family pictures look great.