“Trip of a Life Time”

Class III-IV Whitewater Rafting at Pacuare River from Turrialba
Ranked #3 of 18 Tours in Turrialba
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Explornatura offers rafting, canyoneering, ziplines and lots of overall adventure vacations in Costa Rica. Merge the natural attractions of Costa Rica with the a local cultural experience while traveling down rivers, over mountains and top trees, and along beaches while meeting the friendly, happy people of Costa Rica. Turrialba, a rural town centrally located just 2 hours from San Jose, is the home of Explornatura Adventure Travel. Locally owned and operated, we are adventure specialists and nature lovers with more than 20 years’ experience in Adventure Vacationswith an impeccable safety record. We also own and operate the Canyoning Tour and the Pacuare River Rafting expeditions. Whatever is your idea of adventure and nature vacations include, we will exceed your expectations.
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Trip of a Life Time”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Massi and his staff at explornatura set up the most amazing trip for my family of 5 along with 2 other familes. Every day was spectacular with stops at Tamarindo, Arenal Volcano, Tortuguera, And Turrialba. It would be impossible to have had such a great experience without Massi. I would highly recommend contacting Massi and his staff for any of your costa rica travel needs.

Eric Honing MD

Visited July 2012
1 Thank eric h

San Diego, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Trip to Costa Rica”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Explornatura recently planned the hotels and transportation for my son and me in Liberia, Tamarindo, Playa Hermosa-Jaco and Dominical. Massi and his staff did a terrific job, finding wonderful places to stay and taking care of all the little details that can be so stressful in a foreign country. He worked with me on our itinerary, which was extremely valuable, since I did not know how long it would really take to get from one place to another or how difficult the air or car travel would be in the various regions we were visiting. Our trip was wonderful and everything was orchestrated beautifully! I have not used a travel agent in at least 7 years, preferring to do my own planning and reservations. I am so glad that I did not try to do this trip on my own. The help I received was invaluable and I highly recommend Explornatura to those planning to travel to Costa Rica.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Janet A
Occidental, California
“Immersion spanish with recreation”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I was a chaperon with a group of 21 teens from the USA. With Massi's wonderful help Miguel was able to put together a great experience that we will not forget. Canyoning, rafting,tours,botanical gardens, hanging bridges and the beaches as well as national geographic moment watching sea turtles lay eggs.
I look forward to having you help my friends and family travel south of the border again soon
Harry

Visited June 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great day of zip lining and canyoning for a family”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We are a family with 2 kids, a 9-year old and a 13-year old. On our last day in Costa Rica after 2 weeks of 'pura vida' we decided to go to Turrialba for some adventure. We saw the good reviews of Explornatura in Tripadvisor and decided to try the zip lining and canyoning trip.

We had done zip lining before and this part was as enjoyable and safe as expected, our kids loved it. The canyoning was a first, and it is definitely not for the faint of heart. The short training that Explornatura provided was very instructive, but it is a challenging activity. However, even our 9-year old managed to do 3 of the 4 falls (he decided to skip the hardest one, which was probably a great idea given that it was pretty difficult and yours truly ended up upside down at one point while rappelling down, which was pretty scary but nothing happened). The guides were very helpful with us the whole time and paid a special attention to our youngest one, who had a great time and was very proud of himself at the end.

The Explornatura guides showed at all times a great combination of professionalism, safety-focus and a high motivation to ensure we had a wonderful time. We highly recommend the company and the tour.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank GgarciaRocks
paris
“Rafting day trip”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

April 2012. day trip. people from the company are friendly. the river was very low at this time, but for a beginner was perfect. you can book in advance by sending them an email (better) guide was cool and friendly. the landscape are nice, you could hear monkey. But not breathtaking but still nice landscape ! The ride is easy and perfect for a beginner. For somebody who look for tought ride maybe in a other season.

Visited April 2012