“Great place to stay”
Review of Hotel Reventazon

Hotel Reventazon
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Orosi
Reviewed April 23, 2011

We really enjoyed our time in Orosi at Hotel Reventwazon. The owner, Frank, is a super nice guy and he seems yto really care about the needs of his guests. The location is right in the center of everything and there's a small "fastfood" restaurant attached to the hotel that has really good fries, too! We'll stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Reventazon

Reviewed April 16, 2011

I spent 10 days in Orosi at the Hotel and my stay was pleasant and comfortable. The current manager is effecient and attentive. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The volcanic water fed swimming pools are just down the street and a real treat for those of us who want to swim in non-cloronated, warm, full sized pools. Each of the 3 pools are a different temperature so you are sure to find one that works for you whether you want to do water aerobics or swim laps.

The town is small and very walkable with lots of inexpensive places to eat. Mere steps from the bus stop.

Room Tip: Talk to Frank about a multi-night discount.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Nice simple hotel that feels like you are in Costa Rica not some american motel. It is a smaller hotel with close parking so lugging backpacks and luggage back and forth was very convinient. The upstair window view is nice though so its hard to decide which floor is better. The staff is friendly and knows about the surrounding areas. It is a nice place to relax on the bench and appreciate a bit of 'tico time'. At the end of the week, i just felt like one of the neighbors.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2010

I just recently left Orosi and the Hotel Reventazon and im missing it already. The rooms were spotless, how water was a treat an the balacony was a perfect place to chill out and greet all the locals passing by. Theres a restaurant right next door selling casado with chicken or meat or fish with a drink for $4 and in the evening theres always a few friendly faces at the bar. The huge supermarket is literally round the corner. The wifi meant I could surf the net from the comfort of my own bed and the hotel owners helped with everything needed.

Orosi itself is a stunning small town where passersby typically give you a generous smile, greet you and perhaps even stop for a chat. The local waterfalls hot springs coffee farms and botanical gardens were all stunning and staying at the hotel reventazon meant that I met so many different people who all had advice on how I should spend my time in Orosi.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 2, 2010

A great place to stay if all you need is a clean room and hot shower. It was very nice to sit out front and enjoy the evening air. Everyone was very nice, even did laundry for me. My only complaint was a rooster that woke me up every morning at about 4:30, which is also when people in town start moving around. I was able to fall back asleep quickly. If your looking for the true Orosi experience, this is a great place to stay, safe as well.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 27, 2009

A couple of months have gone by since the last reviews were posted on this hotel, and it seems that the place has undergone a bit of a transformation in that time. For us this was the least pleasant experience in three weeks of travelling Costa Rica. When we arrived to spend one night at this hotel, the owner just quickly showed up to open the doors to our rooms (the keys were inside the rooms, so she opened by putting her hand through the window next to the door and by unlocking from inside...). Before she left again we inquired about breakfast. She said that it was not included since they had sold the restaurant next door and recommended a good place 100 m away (that place was indeed good). Inside, the two rooms were fairly dirty, especially below the furniture. The knobs of the bathroom-doors were missing, and so were some of the light bulbs. Toilets and showers were not in too good a shape either and one bathroom had no toilet paper. All this, and particularly the owner's attitude, made us wonder whether the owners were about to sell the establishment or whether they just had a bad day.

2  Thank LosIhlys
hotelreventazon, Owner at Hotel Reventazon, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2010

To: LosIhlys

From: Frank Bynum, Owner, Hotel Reventazon , Orosi, Costa Rica

re: "A disappointing experience"

First, I would like to admit that you criticisms were absolutely valid. Our commitment has always been to a pleasant vacation experience in a clean, comfortable room and we obviously did NOT provide that to you. I sincerely apologize for your bad experience! The comments you posted painfully brought to my attention issues that needed to be addressed. The reason for my delay in responding to you is that I wanted to resolve them first.

They have been resolved. The manager and maid are no longer with the hotel and I have taken personal responsibility for management.

Many years ago, my mother told me of a sign she once saw in a business that has stuck in my mind: "Good customers don't complain . . . they just don't come back!" The obvious sentiment to that is: "Excellent customers DO COMPLAIN and point out problems that allow one to correct mistakes and improve their product or business."

I appreciate your taking the time and giving me the opportunity to resolve the problem. I hope that you will return to Hotel Reventazon in Orosi and give me the opportunity to provide you free accommodations and demonstrate the improvements. Plus, if you will e-mail me your contact information at info@hotelreventazon.com, I would gladly refund the money you paid.

Frank Bynum, Owner, Hotel Reventazon, Orosi, Costa Rica

Reviewed July 21, 2009

Hotel Reventazon is very well maintained with clean rooms and hot showers. It is in the heart of the county therefore, a great base to go from. There is a hot springs swimming pools down the street. Tiffany and Frank are super nice. They have been in Costa Rica for a few years and know a lot about getting around. The hotel is very secure. I have sent others to this hotel and they will go back. Likewise so will I.

Reba

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orosi
Orosi Lodge
#5 of 5 in Cartago
Hotel Las Brumas
Hotel Las Brumas
#4 of 5 in Cartago

Been to Hotel Reventazon? Share your experiences!