“An enjoyable find.”

Don Felipe De Grecia S.A.
Ranked #5 of 8 Restaurants in Sarchi
Cuisines: Central American
Texas
“An enjoyable find.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Don Felipe was a wonderful find. While driving through Sarchi, we discovered it as we were looking for where the coffee carts were made, which is next door. The fare focuses on local meats and dishes. The menu also offers tasty fruit drinks which are made on-site every day by the owner. The portions were good sized, even to the point that my carnivore teenage sons were filled with their meals. Their specialties are meat dishes. They also offered locally prepared hot sauce condiments as well.

Their prices were also reasonable on the flavorful local dishes they offered. On our next trip to Costa Rica, this Don Felipe's will be on our list of good places to eat.

The setting of the restaurant with open air dining and scenic views among the mountains of Costa Rica was refreshing. The staff were friendly and able to communicate with us in English. Although they were friendly and hospitable, they were not the most knowledgeable about where to find other local items. I asked where to find some locally made cigars, and they told me that they did not know of any place that sold them. I went next door to the large cart store and found what I was looking for.

Besides offing local Costa Rican dishes, they also offer Costa Rican coffee for sale.

• Visited August 2012

Lewes, Delaware
“Heavy on the salt”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

After a little souvenir shopping we stopped next door at Don Felipe to have a bite. I ordered beef fahita and my husband had a sausage dish that was quite tasty.
The portions are huge and mine had lots of vegetables, i love salt, however the beef was so salty I couldn't finish. We also ordered a fresh fruit drink with milk which was delicious.
The restaurant is large, open and airy and can accommodate large groups. If we are in Sarchi again we may stop back but now know to request Sin Solo, or no salt.
They speak no English here at all, so come prepared to speak Spanish or know how to read enough to get by.

• Visited November 2012