“Doka coffee estate”

$107.00*
and up
Costa Rica Day Trip from San Jose
More attraction details
Owner description: Doka Estate The Real Coffee TourPick Up Time: Upon RequestDuration: 1 hour, 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy (recommended for senior citizens and children)What to Bring: suntan lotion, hat, comfortable shoes and umbrella (rainy season)Tour Includes: Entrance fee, Butterfly Garden, Bonsai and Orchid Exhibition, Sugar Mill and Guided coffee tour, coffee tasting and coffee liqueurs, chocolates and treats. Additional Buffet Breakfast and Lunch.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access
Blackwood, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Doka coffee estate”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Believe it or not but This was absolutely one of the highlights of my trip to Costa Rica! So informative and interesting too! Learned a great deal about coffee, Costa Rica, and other country's coffee. I am officially a coffee drinker now.
The estate is near Poas volcano in the beautiful central highlands of the country and is spectacular!
Would recommend highly not to miss it.

1 Thank MaddieLynn

• Hebrew first
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Does not Disappoint”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I usually avoid splurging for touristy tours - I usually am the DIY type when traveling in a new country. Today was an exception and I have absolutely no regrets. For $20 I had a 90 minute tour by Cindy, a super knowledgeable, competent, friendly tour guide. I am a sucker for learning about systems and how things work and this tour hit my sweet spot. I learned so much about coffee, how it's grown, how it's processed, etc. There was ample opportunity to ask questions, to touch and feel the fruit at various steps in the process, and to taste everything.

I did not eat lunch at the restaurant because I was feeling cheap - it was $12. In hindsight, I really regret this. The food looked really good!

Oh - and on the property is a butterfly farm. SO COOL! I loved it and really recommend popping in.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank WorldTraveler1232013
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“I love Doka”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

As a Tour Leader I have been to Doka several times. I love their tour and their farm is a beautiful place to hang out and overdose on premium quality coffee.
Go visit, you'll love it too!

Cape Girardeau, Missouri
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“By all means, take a tour of this estate.”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

If you are staying in San Jose, by all means take an optional countryside tour of the beautiful Doka coffee estate. The grounds are beautiful, and the drive from San Jose takes you through some beautiful countryside. The aroma of the freshly roasted coffee is wonderful. They also have samples for you to try in the restaurant. It is wonderful. Have lunch in the restaurant and try the grilled Tilapia. It is delicious.

Visited August 2013
CAFETresGeneraciones, Manager at Doka Estate Coffee Tour, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you very much for visiting Doka Estate Coffee Tour and La Cajuela Restaurant, but most of all for sharing your positive experience with others. Recently we have opened our Hydroponic Vegetable Garden to all of our visitors so they can watch and learn about how we grow most of our restaurant natural ingredients and how much we care about the quality of each of the wonderful dishes we serve, with comments like yours definitely our hard agricultural duties really worth every minute ! Please stay connected with Doka Estate by visiting our online store.

Mario Fernandez
Chicago, Illinois
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“Doka is the best when it comes to coffee in Costa Rica”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We took a tour of the Doka Coffee Estate and I would liken it to a winery tour. Because it was off-season and later in the day, it was like we had the place to ourselves. We had a great guide and went at a proper pace without feeling rushed or harried. We were treated a blended coffee drink prior to our tour. Tasty. They have a buffet style restaurant on-site and several groups were dining. Looked good. There are several other coffee estates in the greater San Jose area and to compare Doka to them is not fair because we did not visit them. However, I would recommend Doka not just for the tour, but the coffee. And they are as green of an estate as you can get. Nothing goes to waste. We got to sample all of their brands at the end which helped us decide on our purchases. We bought some on the spot and I ordered 10 more bags when I returned home. Well worth the visit.

Visited July 2013
CAFETresGeneraciones, Manager at Doka Estate Coffee Tour, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Allen,

On behalf of all of our Staff we want to thank you for your visit to our Doka Estate Coffee Tour Plantation, Butterfly Garden and Restaurant and most important for sharing your experience with others about our exclusive Learning and Discovery Coffee Tour !!!
We love picking, processing and roasting coffee every morning and offering to our customers the Fabulous Fresh roasted Doka Coffee to your step door, please go to Doka online Store to learn about our shipping offers during this month.
Best Regards,