“Views, wildlife, incredible site and staff. Best canopy in Costa Rica”

Arenal Mundo Aventura
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
San Diego, California
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Views, wildlife, incredible site and staff. Best canopy in Costa Rica”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We had an incredible day with Arenal Mundo. The staff was the most professional of ALL of our tours in CR, starting with a wake up reminder that they were on their way to pick us up to the attention to detail and safety all along the way. The indigenous village was so moving. Well, CR is more than birds and butterflies. The story of these people is amazing and an honor to meet them. Blessings to all of you.

Visited May 2013

• Polish first
Brooklyn, New York, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Incredible Tour”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have never written a review before, but I had such a wonderful time at this tour I would feel like I was doing a disservice to not rave about it. My friends and I did the combined horse riding and canopy tour and I cannot recommend it more. I am certainly not the adventurous type and I was absolutely terrified before starting the tour. I even considered canceling even though we booked in advance. I am SO happy I went. Our guides, Jack Danny and Jonathon Blandino were absolutely incredible. They were very patient, kind, sweet and a lot of fun. In all the moments when I got nervous and thought I wouldn't be able to do it, they were able to talk me through it and calm my nerves. Honestly, I don't understand how anyone could rate this tour anything other than "excellent." In addition to our incredible guides, the views were gorgeous and I think the thrill seekers will enjoy this tour as well.

I know many people are concerned with safety, and I can assure you that it is absolutely not an issue. These people are professionals and they know what they're doing. I get scared very, very easily but our guides made the process as anxiety free as it can be for a person like me. I do not think I KNOW enough positive adjectives to describe this tour. YOU SHOULD DO IT.

Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Adrenaline rush !”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I enjoyed the adrenaline rush of the canopy adventure , some of the cable were challenging , specially the longest cable . the staff were very helpful and patience

Clermont, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wish we could have tipped the horses”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We booked the horseback ride/waterfall/village tour through our hotel --we had the rest of our tours through Desafio. While this was a very beautiful ride, our guide said very few words to us the entire time. He managed to point out one toucan, and would occasionally tell us which way to go if we were forced with a choice (he kept his horse behind our two). I speak enough spanish that communication was not impossible, so I am not sure why he wouldn't speak. I had to ask for direction several times. The horses were astounding in their ability to navigate very taxing trails--we're talking really rough terrain, steep hills both up and down--circumstances that would make most seasoned horses stop. We were not novice riders, I've owned and ridden horses for many years, and my friend grew up on a ranch, so while not difficult for us, I would not recommend this tour for the hesitant or fearful rider. The horses were on the lean side by American standards, but probably typical for working horses in this environment. I was a bit dismayed to see them readied for another tour immediately following ours--ours was a grueling 2.5-3 hours and they were very sweaty and hot at the end. When I asked if they were truly being sent out again, I was told yes. When I said I thought they deserved a break (in english), I heard the grooms/ranch hands say (in spanish) "oh, she doesn't like that!". They were right, I didn't. Was the tour beautiful? Absolutely. Stunning in fact. Would I recommend it? I don't think so. I would try going through Desafio instead.Additionally the transportation they provided from our hotel was a vehicle in such poor shape it broke down on the way back. This is not all that unusual for Costa Rica, the roads can be harsh on vehicles there, but it was not a good representation for this company. I will say the ladies behind the reception desk were very friendly and helpful.

Decatur, GA USA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Very fun!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We went here with our three kids (9-14). We all had a great time zip lining. None of as had done that before. For me, I think ziplining is a "once in a lifetime" sort of experience in that it was lots of fun but not necessarily something I would feel compelled to do again and again because you really can't see wildlife as you're zipping along. Therefore it seems likely that most places would all seem the same. That said, my kids loved it and I know they'd do it again. We sucked it up and paid for an accompanied photographer and I'm very glad we did. He got great pictures and videos. We would not have been able to do that.

The park, guides, etc were all very professional and the equipment seemed safe and in good condition. I'm glad we went.

Visited June 2013