“Great Adventure Experience”

Arenal Mundo Aventura
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are Located in La Fortuna, San Carlos, Costa Rica, 1.5 km (1 mile) south of the Catholic Church, we have been declared a Tropical Ecological Park, and have a wide array of natural, cultural, and adventure tours which promise visitors unforgettable one-of-a-kind experiences in Costa Rica. Arenal Mundo Aventura was created through the dreams and plans of 4 business partners, and opened its doors in 2005. The primary objective is and was to conserve the rainforest and the environment, combining that with ecotourism and responsible adventure tourism. With this project we have managed to reforest a large amount of land, of which we currently only use 10% in our daily operations.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I went zipining and horseback riding with Arenal Mundo Aventura. It was a great experience. We recommended going on all 11 lines for the full experience. The staff was incredibly professional and knowledgeable and throughout the entire adventure we felt incredibly safe. The lines are scenically beautiful while offering a sense of adventure and excitement. Enjoy every moment of the experience. At the end, we had the opportunity to meet some of the native Costa Ricans and learn about their history and unfortunately, their struggle. They have a wide variety of crafts you can purchase to support them. Overall it was a great adventure and educational experience and I recommend it to all those in Arenal. Special shot-out to Joseph who was incredibly friendly and made the adventure both safe and fun. Thank you to everyone at Arenal Mundo Aventura.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,334)
All reviews
in 13 reviews
"safety briefing"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was by far the best Canopy tour in the area, it goes right over the waterfall and was beautiful and the lines were long. Such a fantastic experience and the staff was patient, helpful and fun!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I had many discussions regarding this activity before actually participating in it. My mom was also contemplating going because she has a bad back and bad knees and didn't want to aggravate anything early on in this trip. Even on the morning of the activity my husband, my mom and I were still debating whether or not to take our family (which consisted of myself, my husband, our 4 kids ages 4, 6, 9 and 11 and my mom who is 66) on this particular excursion. My husband has a fear of heights (fear of everything) so he doesn't even go on some of the rides at Disneyworld. Luckily for us, my husband finally agreed to let us all go on this particular zip lining adventure against what he considered was his better judgment. When we got to Mundo Aventura which was right in the heart of La Fortuna, check in was a breeze. They sat everyone down for the "zip lining lesson and safety speech" then handed everyone their helmet and gear (which is kind of smelly but you have to get over it or ask for a different helmet). Suddenly it started to downpour. The guides informed us that because it was pouring, the lines were going to be faster because the cables were wet. Without even looking at him, I knew that my husband was giving me that disapproving look again =). After the safety speech everyone gets into the tractor and they take you up a long and bumpy road to the first platform area. The road is very bumpy but it wasn't as bad as I imagined from what I read on tripadvisor. The first platform area that you reach by tractor however isn't actually the first zip line you go on. I think it ends up being one of the last. This platform is just a starting point for the guides to help you wear the gear your carrying. While getting geared up the people waiting for their turn can see the beautiful view of the rainforest and some of the cables that people zip lining before you are on. Unfortunately for me - this area made my husband even more nervous (for himself, my mom and for the kids). He was seconds from turning around and calling it quits !! My kids on the other hand were jumping up and down with excitement so I think by reason of guilt alone he didn't turn back (but once again I was getting that look). Once everyone was geared up we started our climb using the cement blocks in the ground that serve as a staircase to that first zip line. Be aware that this is a long climb and it may leave you breathless at times due to the fact that you are also now wearing the gear that you carried in the tractor but take it slowly, stop when you need to, enjoy the rainforest as you ascend and it will be manageable (and VERY MUCH WORTH THE EFFORT). Remember my mom has bad knees and a bad back and she was able to do the climb without any aches and pains during or after the excursion (she just took it slowly). Plus the guides at Mundo Aventura are VERY nice and they will wait for you so that you can take your time if you need to. We had 4 kids in our group and they NEVER left them behind (which was very much appreciated). When we all finally got to the top, the rain had stopped and it was time to take on the first zip line. As we looked out to the rain forest we could see that Mundo Aventura had actually deliberately set up their initial platforms in such as way that you're nestled in between the rainforest and you can't see the drop beneath you until your flying over it. Even when you are flying over it though - my family all said that they didn't feel like there was anything scary about it. You completely feel safe and in control. Kudos to the people who designed the initial platforms this way - for people who are scared of heights I feel like it eliminates some of that 'scary feeling' if you can't really see the drop. After all the stress, my husband didn't even hesitate when going on the initial lines and was infact smiling. By the time he got to any of the lines with an open view of what lay ahead, he had so much confidence that he didn't even care about how high he was. My two youngest children went in tandem with the guide because their weight would not have carried them across and my two older girls went solo except on the very long lines because again - their weight would not have carried them across but tandem or not, all of the kids were smiling saying how 'awesome the experience was." EVERYONE had a blast on all 11 cables and the view (especially over the waterfalls) was SPECTACULAR !!! No other zip line company or activity can compare. After all the heated discussions we had regarding this day tour, my husband and mom actually thanked me for taking everyone on this excursion because it was the best adventure any of us had ever had. I wanted to give a special THANKS to Meriam and Jonathan who made our day so special and for taking such good care of our family (sorry if I spelt your names wrong). I also wanted to thank all of the other guides that were patiently hooking and unhooking the entire group to the cables and getting us through everything without any issues. If I could rate this excursion 10 stars I would but 5 is the max. If you are in Arenal - this is the one trip that you should NOT MISS (just ask my husband who wanted to go again if we had more days in Costa Rica). Pura Vida =)

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We loved the Zipline. There were 11 lines filled with waterfalls, views, and gorgeous jungle scenery. We enjoyed the hiking and stairs to get up to the lines but some of the people in our group struggled. It required some fitness. We absolutely enjoyed the extreme adrenaline rush and were incredibly impressed with the large well maintained operation. It felt safe and well coordinated. My only negative was the the tribal ceremony at the end. We were hungry, dirty, exhausted, and ready to get home to our kids and we were highly irritated that we had to stand around for 30 minutes waiting for the group to finish and then another 30 minutes for the tribal ceremony that we were required to sit through before getting bussed back to the station to leave. And it was a ploy to buy art. No one in our group even brought cash to purchase this stuff. Honestly, I actually would love to take my kids to a tribal event like this but we did not appreciate being forced to go as part of a zipline adventure.