“Good horseback riding!”

and up
Full day: Arenal Mundo Aventura
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are Located in La Fortuna, San Carlos, Costa Rica, 1.5 km (1 mile) south of the Catholic Church, we have been declared a Tropical Ecological Park, and have a wide array of natural, cultural, and adventure tours which promise visitors unforgettable one-of-a-kind experiences in Costa Rica. Arenal Mundo Aventura was created through the dreams and plans of 4 business partners, and opened its doors in 2005. The primary objective is and was to conserve the rainforest and the environment, combining that with ecotourism and responsible adventure tourism. With this project we have managed to reforest a large amount of land, of which we currently only use 10% in our daily operations.
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I booked horseback riding through Desafio and they sent me through Mondo Aventura. They picked me up from my hotel and we went straight to the ranch. The cowboy that lead us to the horses wasn't very friendly but put us each on a horse based on our experience level. My horse Taliah was all over the place. After 5 minutes of instruction we were on our way to the waterfall. It took us about 45 minutes. Once there we had to climb 300 steps and cross a hanging bridge to get to the water. You could see the fall but needed to cross the water to get a better view. We stayed there 45 minutes before heading to an Indian village for a visit and overview of the tribes history. I had to go back to my hotel as the tour was running late and the company was good about putting me in a cab. Overall good experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,188)
All reviews
in 23 reviews
"decent shape"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

We really wanted to ride horses in Costa Rica and were ready for an adventure. The ride was good. We rode to the waterfall. Lots to see along the way. The horses were SUPER slow. Our guide had to make noises the entire time to keep them going. The good thing is the horses are safe for ALL ages. No worries about speed :)

The hike down to the waterfall was AMAZING. A must do. Wear your bathing suit and bring a camera. Totally worth getting a little chilly. It's so beautiful!!!

Our guide, Jonathon, was very nice and helpful.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I just returned from the Adventure Park, and I had a wonderful time! I had heard some people at our hotel say: adrenaline rushes like zip-lining were better than sex. So when I went to the park, I joked with our leader Ulises, and asked if it was true. He had a good laugh, as well as our other guides. And I'd have to say, the rush was pretty good! I had a fabulous time on the ziplines, I always felt safe. The history of the indigenous people was very interesting, and I finished off a day of zip-lining with a horseback ride. A wonderful experience. As they say in Costa Rica, Pura Vida! Thanks so much Ulises, Johnathon, and Miguel!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

we had a great time today horse riding in arenal. we followed some trails in the nature and it was amazing. our tour included a "visit" at the waterfall and at a "mariposario" and "ranario" (place where you can see butterflies and frogs). though butterflies were amazing, we saw only 1 frog even after the help of the guide. it was the first horse ride for me and i just loved it. horses were very peaceful and quite... hope they treat them well.

1  Thank Mark B
See more reviews
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I did a combination tour with Mundo Aventura. We started by riding the tractor wagon to the top. As others said the ride was bumpy but its all natural... that's why its bumpy, nature is bumpy. At the top we did the hike down to the waterfall. the hike is steep and beautiful, just as it is at the other entrance. The waterfall is obviously beautiful and worth the hike. After the hike back to the top we suited up with harnesses and did another, less steep, climb to the first zip line cable. We have been on other zip lines here in Costa Rica and knew what to expect. They follow all of the same safety procedures that all of the other operators use. The canopy tour zip lines were hands down the most scenic that we have ever seen. They also have the second longest zip line in the country. Twice you cross right next to waterfalls including La Fortuna falls (the one we just hiked up from) the canyons are beautiful and flying through the trees is always fun no matter the company. After the last zip line you end right at the cultural village. The cultural village was informative but had to be cut short on our visit due to time. We got the opportunity to support them by buying some beautiful pieces of art. From the traditional village we mounted the horses and rode back to the reception area. The horses are small and lean but not unhealthy at all, its just the breed I am sure. This package was a great experience for us!

1  Thank ToddwWright