“Amazing Zip Line, poor attention to family”

Arenal Mundo Aventura
$53.00*
Bird Watching AMA
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are Located in La Fortuna, San Carlos, Costa Rica, 1.5 km (1 mile) south of the Catholic Church, we have been declared a Tropical Ecological Park, and have a wide array of natural, cultural, and adventure tours which promise visitors unforgettable one-of-a-kind experiences in Costa Rica. Arenal Mundo Aventura was created through the dreams and plans of 4 business partners, and opened its doors in 2005. The primary objective is and was to conserve the rainforest and the environment, combining that with ecotourism and responsible adventure tourism. With this project we have managed to reforest a large amount of land, of which we currently only use 10% in our daily operations.
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Our experience here was very mixed. The zip line is just beyond words. During the tour, we were informed the kids would be with a guide on the zip line. I had the impression they were a well organized and thought out group. By mid trip, my daughter and wife were in tears and left the 11 station tour. They had split our kids away from us. I had to impose myself to catch up with my kids and it is definitely NOT a safe place for a 9 & 6 year old to be alone. When the guides zip lined them to the next station, there was no one supervising them. We were just LUCKY nothing happened to them. By the time I caught up with them, my daughter was in tears. On the next traverse, my daughter was sent without a guide, no way to control her traverse and came uncontrolled into the station. She was not hurt but scared to the point of refusing any further attempts. She is typically a tough and adventurous little girl. She had been looking forward to this for months. Just heart breaking to see this. So, go with caution, very much spectacular views and experience. If you have kids, take charge and do not allow them to be separated from you.

2  Thank Krikor D

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Great, great, great. Very exhilarating zip-lines. I found their guides to be very good, and really helped some of the people on our tour when they were feeling nervous about hitting the next zip-line. Definitely check it out!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a great activity. Arenal Mundo Aventura offers a couple of options for ziplining. Their guides are confident, experienced and fun. The atmosphere is more one of friends on an adventure than an organized tour activity. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a great ziplining experience in Costa Rica.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

On our recent Costa Rica trip we did three zip-line excursions (1 in Arenal & 2 in Monteverde). Most zip-lining places have a 1km long line, including this company.

You can choose from an extreme zipline tour (longest, fastest lines - about 6 in total) or the regular tour (with about a dozen--short, long, fast, slower). We did the extreme one, and it was great. We really enjoyed this one.

The main guide was friendly and fun--this was a great adventure!

1  Thank Justin S
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Mauricio at the stand in town sold me this tour. Very knowledgeable and kind man who I have befriended since moving here to Fortuna. When he told me it was the best zip line tour in the area I took his word on it. I have not done any of the others to compare it, but it is certainly one awesome zip line tour. I took the tractor up and then hiked to the first line. The guides were all very friendly. They were making the occasional joke with us and would take pictures in front of the waterfall and such for us.

The zip line contraptions themselves were also very good. I heard a couple of people comment how much better the stopping gloves were here. Instead of just like a glove it was thick so the line doesn't hurt your hand. I had problems where I kept twisting on the line and had to pull myself in (too prideful to make the guide come get me) on the long line. I think it was because the camera and water bottle were shifting to one side in my backpack though, not because of the equipment.

The scenery and atmosphere was great. Especially getting to go out over Fortuna Waterfall. I wasn't a big fan of the local indian sales pitch...err "educational lesson". I don't want to by some spirit masks after tiring myself out zip lining, I just want to go get food. The tractor was running behind to take us back to the lodge so most the group decided to walk, and we beat the tractor back. No complaint there it wasn't that long a walk and was quite scenic.