“Do not miss!”

and up
Pure Trek Waterfall Rappelling Tour from La Fortuna
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Since 2001, Pure Trek Canyoning has been leading this new multi-sport adventure tour Canyoning by rappelling down waterfalls and hiking on beautiful trails in this spectacular rain forest slot canyon located right under the active Arenal Volcano in the town of La Fortuna. At Pure Trek we believe in focusing on one thing and doing it the best...Canyoning... that will rock your socks off!!! Family friendly...and adventurists too.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Our family of six (ages 8-68) visited Costa Rica in July, 2014. We had activities planned for every day, and we did the waterfall canyon rappelling on our third day. It rained every day, pretty much all day, while we were in Costa Rica, and while I was looking forward to this activity, I was pretty sure we would be wet and cold most of the excursion. However, while we were certainly wet (soaked), and it poured on us for a lot of the activity, we were not freezing and had a fantastic time. I cannot say enough about how much fun we had and how professional and safety conscious the operation and guides were. Unfortunately, I cannot recall the names of all of our guides, but Michael rode up the mountain with us in the "Costa Rica Limo" and gave us a great lesson in Costa Rican agriculture. Allen and Johnathan were also fantastic at getting us to make the first leap off of the 160+ foot high waterfall. Sam did a great job with photos. Overall we were very impressed and it was our favorite activity we did during our trip.

There are newer reviews for Pure Trek - Tours

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Our visit to the Arenal/La Fortuna region has been great - but this was our family favorite. My wife and I, and 19, 16 and 12 year-old kids had never been rappelling. Our guides were fantastic! Very helpful, professional and worked very hard to insure everyone had a memorable experience.

As for a couple of comments about the lunch and pictures at the end- we were served a hearty lunch for all of our family, after being provided a place to change into dry clothes (which they said we should bring). We ate lunch while viewing our pictures taken by one of the guides - who took over 150 pictures with his water-proof camera so we didn't have to. And at the end, they simply asked if we would be interested in the pictures for $25. An absolute bargain - given the number of great shots and not having to worry about any equipment.

Absolutely recommend for anyone who has the slightest interest in a great family adventure activity! Thanks so much to Jason, Carlos, Luis and Enrique!

1  Thank John D
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My eleven year old daughter and I decided we were going to abandon the rest of our family to do this amazing trip. (The younger kids were afraid, and my husband got to scuba dive without us so he made it up to me by watching the littles.) It was wonderful! Out of our 2.5 active weeks in Costa Rica, this was our favorite activity. My daughter very quickly got over her nerves and was only scared before the first waterfall. Despite the first rappel being the tallest, the last rappel was our favorite, as we got wetter and had the confidence to rappel faster by then. There is a little bit of waiting for the others between rappels, but the longest wait was after the first rappel, and really, the wait allows you to spend *more* time in a beautiful rainforest slot canyon that few people get to experience. We paid for the photos and they are great. Lunch was good also. We did the morning tour and that was a good call for us. My daughter and I can't wait to go back in a few years and show the rest of the family how incredible this is!

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

This was such a great experience and everyone is so welcoming!! They teach you the safety rules of how to properly rappel off of waterfalls. It's so fun and I am glad we decided to do it!!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Wow! Picture falling off a cliff - backwards!! Once you realize when they tell you to sit back, you do not fall but actually sit in mid air, your heart resumes beating! Then you are jumping down these waterfalls and it is awesome!This was just so much fun, totally scary at first, but then completely exhilarating! My kids (13 & 15) did not have this same "scared" feeling. They just thought is was the greatest thing ever! It got the heart pumping, for sure, but I am thrilled I did it!