We travelled as a group of 3 (my partner, teenage stepdaughter and myself) and stayed at Nayara for 3 nights in April 2010. Eventhough we did not get off to a good start, when we arrived, and had to wait for 3 hours to be checked into our room, we were amazed when we eventually took over our accomodation. The bungalows are just wonderful, very modern and prettily decorated. A very spaceous wooden bungalow with a big patio area overlooking the gardens and Arenal Volcano. The room/bungalow offers aircon, ceiling fan, coffee & tea making facility, minibar, inside and outside shower, very comfortable big beds, jacuzzi outside on the balcony, big cupboards, flatscreen TV, I pod docking station …..just everything you would want. Sitting outside on the patio we have seen Toucans, Hummingbirds and a lot of other pretty bird species (early morning) but the biggest surprise was that my stepdaughter and I were able to witness the volcano spitting out two massive lava boulders which we watched rolling down the volcano finished off by a big rumbling noise (later in the evening when dark)! Very exiting indeed because usually you don’t see this from this side of the volcano very often and only when it is dark are you able to see the glowing boulders. When you sit out on the patio when it is dark you can see a beautiful display of the lantern bugs every evening.
The Hotels Buffet Breakfast is very good, lots of choices and a fresh cook corner where you can order your fresh cooked omelette/egg etc. You certainly wont go hungry here. There is something for everybody whatever corner of the world you come from. Dinner in the hotel was good as well; the Hotel offers a nice range of wines and a special wine bar. Prices seem very reasonable and the service was good.
There is a little dipping poo, where you can refresh, with a bar attached to it. The gardens are beautiful and the hotel has some rabbits & parrots as pets for the children to look at. There is also a lot of other birdlife around in the very well maintained gardens of the hotel.
The Hotel is located between the town of Fortuna and and the Arenal Volcano National park. There are 3 different Hot Springs in Town and several Restaurants and shops but you need a taxi to get there, the town is not really in walking distance.
Our Activities in the Fortuna Area included:
We booked the **Arenal Volcano Tour but were not aware that this is only a climb up to a ridge nearby the volcano where you do not see the lava boulders or any other volcano activity (trip was at daytime, lava, if at all, is only visible at night time we were told). It’s a beautiful area though and from the ridge you have good views of the Arenal Lake and surrounding area. The Trip included a visit to the Titoku Hot Springs which was very refreshing/relaxing and dinner at a nearby Restaurant which was very tasty.
We booked the ****Cano Negro Wildlife Refuge Boat Tour. From Fortuna it is quiet a drive up to the Cano Negro near to the Nicaraguan Boarder, we stopped at the Iguana Restaurant/Cafe to see the little refuge the restaurant owner provides for these animals, hundrets of Iguanas in a tree. We usually book private tours but in this case we joined a normal tour group which was a little bit of a let down due to the children and overcrowded small boat. We have seen a lot of wildlife along the river, Howler Monkeys, Lizards, many bird species, Bats, Kaimans and a Sloth. Drinks were provided throughout the boat trip and the tour included dinner and refreshments at a local place which was very good.
I would recommend the Arenal Nayara Hotel to everybody, a comfortable and luxurious place to stay with breathtaking views of the volcano.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Spa & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located on the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park