As a previous review said: believe the hype. This place is good. My wife and I went here for our honeymoon, and our expectations were exceeded.
Check-in was great. They greet you with a tropical drink and a cool towel. The reception area sets the tone with its decor and ambience. All the paperwork was prearranged. We were given time to relax, a quick tour, and we were on our way to the room, where the staff had quickly assembled some fresh fruits and champagne for us (complimentary for honeymooners).
The service is always with a smile. The omnipresent Jonathan was fantastic. But the rest of the staff is very courteous and very friendly as well. I planned all of our outings using the web prior to arrival, so I didn't interact with the concierge in that respect. However, I did use the concierge services to ask for help with directions, places to eat, and smaller outings. I was never disappointed and they were very helpful. They can also call ahead each day to confirm your activities, even if you didn't reserve them through the hotel.
The rooms are the best I've ever stayed in. I consider them better than the boutique hotel we stayed in during the latter half of our trip (see my other reviews). Each room is a little casita; very private and exclusive. There's several feet of space and plentiful landscaping between every casita, so noise and privacy are never a problem. The view from the balcony is awesome; the volcano is right in front of you, and the landscaping in front of you is gorgeous. Each balcony also has a private jacuzzi - very nice. Now, some casitas are further from the pool/reception area and afford more privacy. But we spoke with two couples that had casitas near the pool area and they had no problems with the layout. The decor of the rooms is very much in tune with the surroundings. Beautiful wood beams line the ceiling, the wood floors are superb, excellent colors, outdoor shower in the garden, etc. It was a delight to wake up and see the room every morning.
The food was great. The breakfasts are fantastic. If you're looking for french toast and pancakes, you might be disappointed. Personally, I found the selection of cooked plantain, black beans and rice, omlettes made to order, and other local specialties to be delightful. And the fruits are the ripest you will ever find. The papaya juice is a must have every day. We only at one evening meal at the restaurant; it was good, but not the best we had during our honeymoon. But I can't really pass judgement since we ate most evening meals at the "sodas" in town. (I highly suggest these - cheap, quick and good).
We never used the spa, but other couples we spoke to said it was great.
In sum, I highly recommend this property to anyone looking for a secluded getaway. I will definitely come back one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located in the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park