We did a lot of research on Trip Advisor before deciding to book part of our honeymoon at Nayara and we are so happy we made the decision to stay here. From the moment we arrived when Jonathan gave us fresh juice and cool towels, we knew we'd enjoy our stay. All of the staff were genuinely nice, not in that stuffy, high-end hotel "I HAVE to be nice to you" kind of way, and wanted to provide exceptional service to all guests.
Not only was the staff helpful and kind, but they managed and maintained the hotel flawlessly. There was clearly a lot going on "behind the scenes" that we didn't see and a lot of maintenance to keep the hotel and gardens in such an impeccable state, but we hardly saw any of this. From our first day to our last day at Nayara, we could not stop talking about how beautiful the gardens are. We loved walking through them and it made eating breakfast and lunch in the restaurant and relaxing at the pool that much more enjoyable. The colors are just amazing.
On to the rooms...our room was wonderful. Incredibly clean (though at night I would not turn on the lights above the beds since it will attract some of the small gnats that inevitably find their way into the room), the privacy of having your own separate room is great, and the generous size and layout of the room keeps you from feeling cramped. My favorite aspect of the room was the great balcony with two comfy arm chairs facing the volcano. It was wonderful to have a private, quiet place where we could relax and read in between activities or if it rained in the morning while we waited for the sun to come out.
We also thoroughly enjoyed the food and service at the hotel restaurant, Altamira (make sure you try the Typical/Tortilla soup!), which was reasonably priced and offered a relaxing dinning atmosphere. The drinks at the pool were great and not very expensive. The bartenders are also great and fun to talk to. Oh, and by the way, the pool is wonderful especially when it is really clear and you can see the top of the volcano, but watch out for that Costa Rican sun!
We were also able to take advantage of the Spa while we were there and got a couples massage. The Spa is actually one of the rooms that was converted for this purpose, so it isn’t really fancy and is pretty basic in appearance. However, having a cool, tropical breeze whisk by and hearing the sounds of nature while you’re getting a massage is unreal and worth every penny.
After we left Nayara for a 5-star hotel in a different area of the country, we couldn’t help but compare it to Nayara and often came to the conclusion that Nayara was better and wish we had stayed there longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Spa & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located on the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park