“Wedding in a rainforest wonderland” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens

Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens
GreenLeadersGold level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Wedding in a rainforest wonderland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

What can I say that hasn't already been said with the other 1900 plus reviewers? We decided to get married here after seeing what Nayara had to offer. I must have looked at their website 2-3 times a day for six months straight. I thought I had set my expectations so insanely high that the real thing would not live up to it. I was wrong. It is better. And NOT to be missed! We were picked up by a very friendly man named Diego. He made our 3 hour journey to Nayara a lovely one.We took advantage of the complementary yoga the next morning. Highly recommend! Get there 10-15 min early as it fills up quick. Our couples hot stone massage in our own private bungalow was blissful. You could hear the birds and see the rainforest in front of you. Our wedding was intimate and beautiful. The turn down service that night was incredible. Roses everywhere that lead to our outdoor jacuzzi filled with roses and bubbles, and chocolate covered strawberries. Our time spent here can only be described as magical. A personal thank you to Lindsay, Deybis, Joselyn, Jesenia, Alvaro, and our return driver Armando and his lovely wife for showing me the sloths. There's so many more but I forget! We will return one day!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Krista C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (851)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

From arrival to departure this hotel knows the meaning of customer service. Spent 3 nights in August at this paradise of an hotel. Had 2 suites and they were absolutely gorgeous and spacious and my most concern CLEAN!!! The grounds were well kept at all times, the staff was very attentive at all times.

Now as much as I loved the property, the rooms and great staff. Had it not been for our planned activities the place would have been a bit boring. Don't get me wrong its great for relaxing and its cute, and all...but if my stay would have went passed 3 days I would have gotten bored. Of course no fault of the hotel...Just reminds me of a luxury prison..(as 1 other reviewer mentioned- and I agree) Meaning once you are at the hotel, you can't walk to the nearby town(too far), no walk-to restaurants, no nightlife.. Yea there are restaurants on site but by the 3rd day we were tired of it.

In my opinion not a good spot for the small kiddos. More of a romantic, couple type property. They have 2 pools and the main pool has bar/cocktail tables in the pool so this does not offer ample swimming space or play space. The other pool is a lap pool...not much fun there.

But overall I loved this property for a few days and the rooms again were just so beautiful oh and the balcony: Hammock, table/chairs, rocking chairs, hot tub & Outdoor shower nice!!!

Room Tip: request a suite that faces the Volcano
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

This was the second stop on our honeymoon. We stayed here two nights and really wished we had been here longer. The rooms are incredible and had it not rained most of the time we would have likely see the volcano. The service/staff were great and very attentive to our needs. The staff seemed pretty focused on getting us to practice our spanish. This kind of went back and forth from fun to cheesy throughout our stay.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Nayara was a beautiful birthday/ anniversary surprise from my husband. The place is simply Beautiful! We had a great time while here the staff was very pleasant and helpful as well. From the moment we arrived at the hotel until the moment we left everyone was wonderful. We met Angelo and he was delightful and very nice to us. He learned that it was my birthday and he had the staff bake me a cake it was super yummy! Did i mention i had my two children with us and they put to twin size bed into our suite for them it was awesome. The children had cookies and water delivered to them every evening. The grounds were well kept and simply gorgeous with all the tropical flowers. We met the hotel Parrot Carlita she's beautiful. I recommend staying here you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: The rooms are so beautiful you do not want to leave the resort! I heard the newer section of the pro...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Y02Y0
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We returned to Nayara in July for our anniversary and this property and its staff, once again, did not disappoint. It was sheer heaven from the moment we arrived and saw our Nayara Suite to the moment we left and the gracious hotelier Angelo saw us off.

The upgraded property (with the addition of Nayara Springs adjacent) was a wonderful surprise and my favorite place to lounge by the pool. The spa is heaven as well. Get the coffee scrub and a massage and you'll be on cloud 9 for days.

I can't say enough about this wonderful gem of a hotel, except that in sum--they do everything right!

The tours are spectacular -- but you won't want to leave the grounds. If you do, I recommend the Hanging Bridges and White Water Rafting--fantastic adventures both!!!

You will enjoy having coffee and a deluxe buffet breakfast with panoramic vistas in the sky.

Book this resort. You will love it forever. We plan to return next year as well.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms are lovely but if you can do a Nayara Suite for at least a night -- it's worth...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Beverley Uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Wow, we stayed a couple of nights on our tour, and it wasn't enough, we loved it, starting with the room, we had a fabulous room, I'm not going to list what we had as other reviewers have done that, all I will say is it was superb, with a fantastic view of Arenal volcano.
The grounds were fantastic, with hidden areas with Jacuzzis to relax in, and a fantastic pool and bar for relaxing, there is also a wine bar where you can spend an enormous amount of money very quickly, you get issued with a card in the wine bar, in the wine bar there are two banks of wins probably about 20 in all, you insert the card and then you can select a small taste, a half glass or a full glass, a great way to find a wine you like, but don't get carried away.
The restaurant was great we ate there once on the evening, and obviously breakfast, they even put out sandwiches at breakfast for you to take for lunch. The staff are very friendly and attentive, but not too in your face.
I can honestly say one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, if your are disappointed then you have standards tat no one can satisfy, absolutely fantastic, would be back tomorrow if it wasn't so far away :-(

2 Thank lostandfound
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Ran late to couples spa appointment in Costa Rica. They were very gracious about the delay. Everyone was extremely helpful from start to finish. The message being done open air in the rainforest is unforgettable. Not much else to say. Worth every penny.

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Fortuna de San Carlos
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa
#12 of 62 in La Fortuna de San Carlos
4.5 of 5 stars 1,998 reviews
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Sp...
#7 of 62 in La Fortuna de San Carlos
4.5 of 5 stars 1,858 reviews
Hotel El Silencio del Campo
Hotel El Silencio del Campo
#6 of 62 in La Fortuna de San Carlos
5.0 of 5 stars 1,680 reviews

Been to Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens? Share your experiences!