My wife and I ended our trip to Costa Rica with 3 days in a Nayara Suite at Nayara Hotel. While I will say 3 days is not enough to enjoy every last bit of the property, we certainly made the most of it. Just be mindful of your spending. It's easy to drop a lot of cash here if you like to eat and drink and hit up the spa (think $800 in three days)!
Our first impression of Nayara was that the staff was a little more snobbish than at other places in the country. We quickly learned that the staff just seems more inclined to leave guests alone and stay out of their way. We can appreciate this, however we had come to expect hotel staff to be friendly and social at all times after staying in Tamarindo and Monteverde.
The restaurants are all superb! We ate ate Sushi Amor our first night and had excellent sushi and a spicy green rice/chicken dish. The next night we ate at Amor Loco on the Nayara Springs property (guests of Nayara are given access to the Nayara Springs restaurant/pool) and it was the best meal we had in Costa Rica. My wife enjoyed the filet mignon and I had the steamed corvina. Best fish ever. We ate at Altamira, the main hotel restaurant, on the last night and had excellent local beef grilled out on the dinner floor. The complimentary breakfast every morning was also huge and excellent.
The main pool at Nayara feels heated and has an awesome in-pool bar. We also loved the three jacuzzis (especially the extra-recessed one with the umbrella) hidden behind some trees next to the pool. Our suite was beautiful. We really loved the outdoor showers with a built-in mini garden. The wrap-around porch with outdoor jacuzzi and hammock was amazing. The property in general is beautiful as its essentially a massive, well-maintained garden.
My wife and I got facials at the renowned spa (first time for me haha). The service was perfect and the atmosphere was very romantic and laid-back. The spa jacuzzi is located down a steep walkway surrounded by jungle. I recommend sitting in this one when it's raining outside.
Our best experience(s) were definitely at Nostalgia Bar, the hotel's wine bar. There are two large windowed wine dispensers on either side of the bar. Each holds about 10-12 bottles of wine. You can use a plastic card to rack up charges and drink a wide variety of wine all night. We met the fun and social bartender Elquin the first night and came back the following two nights to talk with him and enjoy the wine. On our last night Elquin taught us and another couple we met how to Salsa and Merengue dance. It was absolutely a great ending to our honeymoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Spa & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located on the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park