“Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic!!”

Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed at Tabacon Resort & Spa for one evening before we stayed at Nayara. I slipped and fell at the springs and couldn't walk and my husband found a different hotel for us in the area as I did not wish to stay at Tabacon due to the lack in service and amenities. Tabacon Resort is by no means a five-star property that it claims to be.

We got the last room at Nayara (room 1) and it was beyond amazing. We were warmly greeted, we actually were offered a welcome drink and a snack during check in process. And we were actually sitting down comfortably during the check in process - not standing at the counter as we did at Tabacon. We were give a tour of the hotel, spa, restaurants, pools and natural springs jacuzzis. Everyone was polite and friendly at Nayara. The room was unbelievably. It has a Balinese wooden deck with a jacuzzi and a hammock. The room itself was very spacious and clean. The bathroom was separated by a wall so you weren't looking at the bathroom from the room (smart!). And there was an outdoor shower as well. This property is fantastic. When I came home and received the March 2014 copy of the Travel & Leisure magazine, Nayara was featured on the cover. And rightly so!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DACIA P

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Let me just say. AMAZING. Feel free to email me any questions you may have. My husband and I, and another couple went May 2014. From the moment we stepped foot onto their property until the second we sadly departed, we were treated like GOLD. The amazing individually houses are amazing and private. The grounds are so amazingly kept and the hotel was completely sold out and it never once felt like too many people. I miss Carlota (friendly hotel parrot that flies freely & loves men). The food/restaurants are fantastic.
ANDRÉS, the hotel private tours guy, was our favorite part. Wish we didn't wait until the last day to take advantage of his services. He spent half a day with up taking 200 photographs of us at the La Fortuna Waterfalls, Hot Springs and along the side of the road as we saw wildlife. He took fantastic photos with his hightec camera and telescope, which he downloads FOR FREE to your own SD Card right in the hotel lobby. Please take advantage of this wonderful guy, I promise you, you will have so many awesome photos to remember forever. I will post some.

Room Tip: Room 16 was great. Perfectly centered to everything.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank JulGirlie
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and I traveled to Costa Rica this May and spent 4 nights of our honeymoon at the Nayara. We had the most fantastic relaxing and adventurous time. Everything was so easy to enjoy and the hotel staff did everything they could to make our experience the best, they went one step beyond in everything they did. I loved the vanilla scented hand towels and the surprise rose petals in our room, just a few ways they made our experience extra romantic. The rooms were amazing, we felt like we were in our own private jungle. We further enjoyed the ability to use the Nayara Springs facilities (adult only pool and restaurant) which gave us a perfect amount of choices for entertainment. Also a big thank you to our driver to treated us to impromptu animal sightings on our ride. A very special honeymoon indeed.

Room Tip: We loved the suite room we had, they all seemed amazing. If you get a room with a low number there i...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My husband and I were living overseas when we married, so we held a multipurpose family holiday at Nayara Arenal to celebrate with our family. We had stayed at the hotel a few years prior and knew that the staff and grounds would be perfect for our large group - 22 adults and 5 kids. The rooms are gorgeous and very large, along with being very private. Each room has a patio and most overlook the stunning volcano. The parents were easily able to have their kids in the room and still have free space. The restaurant was amazing at catering to our group - we designed menus for each night (so as not to overwhelm the kitchen) and brought along the printed menus. The hotel had the tables, chairs and centerpieces arranged to match our theme each night. We rented out the wine bar on the evening that we had our 'wedding ceremony'. They allowed us to play our own music, rearrange the room, and brought cake and tapas up to the bar for our guests to eat late into the night. I can't say enough just how accommodating they were to all of our requests! I've attached a few pictures so you can see how wonderful everything was.

Room Tip: While the rooms at the top of the property are premium and have great views, it is quite a hike to r...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We just got back from a week at Nayara and loved it. I first saw the Travel and Leisure article that ranked Nayara number one in Latin America, and booked off that review. I can see how this was accurate. The thing that made this hotel so great was the attention to details. We were met at the airport in a nice van and a driver who had a carseat for my daughter and water bottles in case we got thirsty. Upon checkin we were offered a welcome drink. The staff was incredibly nice and attentive throughout our stay. I was worried it would be awkward since we were staying with two young children, but the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The pool, though small, was beautiful and heated, which was nice. The rooms were huge and spotless, and we had a great view of the volcano with an outdoor tub. We had fresh flowers in our room, and chilled champagne as well. I would say this resort is best suited to couples, but we had a great time as well. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful, but the best thing in my opinion was the attention to detail and service offered. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others, and would love to return.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarah G
Reviewed June 16, 2014

What an experience! This place is everything we could have hoped and more! We traveled with our two teenagers and I was worried they wouldn't fully appreciate the stay. I couldn't be more wrong. The rooms were beautiful and luxurious; the food at every restaurant was "riquisimo!" (A word Jesse taught us); we spent a significant amount of time in the pools and jacuzzis which were amazing; but, ultimately it was the service and the true warmth with which the staff treated us that made this resort a family favorite. We ate almost all of our meals at the resort and, even our kids who love pizza and hamburgers, were trying new dishes at every meal and loving their choice. My husband and I, who don't do yoga, loved taking a complimentary yoga class in a treehouse in the rain! Talk about relaxing. If you have the chance to stay here, you will not regret it!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Laurie G
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We just returned from a week long vacation, where the first 4 nights were spent at the Nayara. I can't begin to tell you all the great stuff about this Hotel. The people of Costa Rica, are the friendliest people, especially at the hotels. We are in our early 50's and enjoyed the Nayara, even though the majority of occupants were probably newlyweds. After being at Nayara for that first day, I can see why. Peacefulness, secluded, private, at times you feel as if you're the only person there/restaurant/pool/jacuzzi area. Every suite/bungalow is surrounded by the rain-forest, you can barely even see another building... and each suite/bungalow is by itself; so you have no others beside you/top/bottom floor. We stayed in the Nayara Suite and had the VOLCANO view, and on the last morning at NAYARA, it was definitely a VOLCANO VIEW, for the first time of our trip it was in plain view and no clouds. Excursions were awesome... we did a COMBO TOUR through the hotel (easy-peasy booking while at hotel). Walter Sr, was our guide for the day... and he was terrific and very knowledgeable. Being in our 50's, next time we won't do an ALL-DAY tour.... but we would definitely break it up into 2 days. Recommend the SKY TRAM & SKY TREK (zipline) Tour as well. Nayara went out of their way, to be sure our stay was memorable!

Room Tip: Any room would be a good room! We chose a VOLCANO VIEW and it was awesome, once the clouds decided...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
The Springs Resort and Spa
The Springs Resort and Spa
#6 of 64 in Arenal Volcano National Park
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Sp...
#6 of 59 in La Fortuna de San Carlos
#3 of 59 in La Fortuna de San Carlos
Volcano Lodge & Springs
Volcano Lodge & Springs
#15 of 59 in La Fortuna de San Carlos

Been to Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens? Share your experiences!