This review is shamefully late in posting, I truly apologize. We spent an incredible week at the Nayara Resort over Christmas, initially we weren’t sure about how we would feel taking that type of trip over the holidays and we also realized that it was their busy season. We decided to make the trip and were so glad we did. The moment we arrived we were greeted warmly and courteously and felt very comfortable. From check-in to check-out they were always greeting us whenever we came or left the resort and were very accommodating with any requests that we had,. When we were shown to our room it was absolutely wonderful, the pictures don’t do it justice. We had the difficult decision every day on whether we should look out at the beautiful view of the volcano from the hammock, the lounge chairs, or the hot tub. The shower was very large and had a door that opened onto a small path leading to the outside shower. The room was kept very clean by our housekeeper Alicia. She also made us smile when we returned from our days activities and found her new creations made from the towels… my favorite was the little dog. The grounds were covered in tropical plants, all very lush and blooming. There was also a visitor, a beautiful red macaw named Carlotta, who would fly in on occasion to visit. We were exploring the grounds and met one of the staff, Daniella, who offered to show us around without us even having to ask. The grounds are quite large so this was extremely helpful, we found some amenities that we really enjoyed taking advantage of. Moving on to the pool. The pool was fed by hot springs so it was always warm and comfortable. The swim up bar was manned by Jonathan and/or Randall who were fun and friendly and made fabulous drinks, my favorite being the passion fruit daiquiris. The service was great whether you were just ordering a cocktail or ordering a full lunch by the pool. Next is a very important aspect of any stay and that is the food. It was wonderful at all the restaurants! Juan Carlos made excellent guacamole and his flambés are a must have! We ate in town once but opted to eat the rest of the time at the resort. They also have a small wine bar that should not be missed! It has a wine preservation/dispensing system that allows each person to take a pour from whatever wine they chose. The system has a wide variety of reds and whites and allows for different pour amounts which is great since it allows you to try different wines and compare. If it’s available I strongly recommend the wine pairing dinner. We have been to numerous wine pairings but what made this stand out was the obvious passion the sommelier displayed as he explained each course and each pour. The meal was excellent in both taste and presentation. Next, the spa. We had a couple’s treatment/massage on our last day. Amazing, and we were in a totally relaxed daze during our entire ride to San Jose. I highly recommend the indulgence, totally worth it. I would return to CR just to spend another week at this hotel. Overall a top notch destination so if you like to be pampered and enjoy the best of everything then this is definitely the place to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Spa & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located on the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park