We arrived at the Nayara Hotel having read before we left that it was voted as one of the best hotels in the world as voted by tripadvisor contributors. Surely not, we thought. We stayed for 3 nights and found that this is more than justified. We have stayed in a lot of 'top' hotels, but the Nayara take attention to detail to another level. The guest facilities, the service staff, the rooms, the location, (the weather too for us, as we were very lucky to have 3 clear days with volcano views.)
There is a local celebrity who entertains guests - Carlota the Macau parrot. She arrived one morning at breakfast to eat a sugar sachet from the table, she flies around the grounds, appearing anywhere.
We asked for a taxi for one evening to take us into La Fortuna town to eat and were surprised to find that we had a member of the hotel staff accompany us to make sure we arrived at our destination, although there is no problem with security, etc. It was just to make sure we went where we needed to go and to arrange the return trip.
They cannot do enough for their guests and take professional service to another level.
A tip for guests: next door to the Nayara over a connecting footbridge less than 100m away is the sister complex, Nayara Springs which has bigger romantic couples villas. There is a superb pool and double sunbeds and is bigger and quieter than the Nayara's own pool - no kids allowed. They don't show it on the plan for the hotel, but you can find the bridge next to the spa. They don't mind anyone using it, but we were not told about it at reception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Spa & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located on the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park