“Amazing.”

Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Beautiful hotel. Loved everything about it. Highly recommend this hotel for a romantic vacation. The grounds are lush and beautiful. The view of the volcano is unbeatable. Tub and hammock on the decks are icing on the cake.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Toni C

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Went to this hotel after seeing it at one of the trip advisor's top ten lists. I think it was a best service list or something. The list was right, the service was excellent but there's way more to it than just good service. The people, the food, the pools, the rooms it all worked together to make you feel like in a (copying other reviews).... paradise. My only recommendation, pay the $150 taxi ride from the airport to the hotel, specially if you arrive to CR after 8 pm. I rented a car and drove from Alajuela to La Fortuna (2.5 Hrs.). The guy at the car rental warned me about some fog up in the mountains, "I live in Massachusetts, I know how to drive through fog, snow, rain, anything" I said. I was wrong. Null Visibility once you hit the PNR of the two and a half hour trip. I liked it cause I was up for the challenge but my wife wasn't to pleased with the experience. Other than that the stay was perfect. The Vino-Teca is a must. Wine vending machines.....Nuff said!!! Free breakfast and yoga in the morning (if you can wake up after the Vino-Teca).

Room Tip: Room 1 is the best place if you don't mind a little noise in the morning from the wet bar.
Reviewed February 25, 2014

These guys go above and beyond to satisfy their customers. Me wife and I went on our Honeymoon here last September and the staff was great, they even went out of their way and knocked on my door to show me a Sloth which I had told them I was interested in! Breakfast buffet that is included is awesome, hot omelette, ranchoros style eggs were great too. The room is more of a hut, and its huge with a view of the Volcano as you wake up in the morning, cant beat it. 5/5 and would go again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rage2021
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I have visited nearly 100 countries and stayed in perhaps a thousand hotels. The Nayara ranks in the top 5 hotels in which I have stayed. My wife and I would love to return here. Our suite was superb, huge and stunningly designed, The enormous balcony had a hammock, coffee table and chairs, loungers and hot tub and a view over the beautiful gardens and was visited by a constant stream of humming birds as other birds flew by. There was a double glass shower cubicle and two outdoor, private showers with there own small garden.
The hotel gardens are beautiful and the service from all the staff was excellent - efficient and very friendly. Eat in Sushi Amor after happy hour - relaxing and absolutely great food.
It mattered not a jot that we did not see the volcano which was covered in clouds, the hotel alone wsa more than enough.
This is a very well run hotel!

Room Tip: Stay in a Nayara Suite. The extra cost is more than compensated by the excellence.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Glyn12
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We returned about a week ago from 4 nights at Nayara and in all truthfullness I can not think of one negative aspect of this magnificent resort. 1) The rooms. Spotless without any signs of wear. Beautiful teak floors and furniture. The tropical flowers surrounding the deck gives a sense of privacy and beauty. Special mention has to be made of the bed. My wife and I actually pulled back the blankets and mattress cover to see what kind it was as it was incredibly comfortable. 2) The staff. Truly one of the friendliest staff we have encountered anywhere. Unlike the Caribbean where most staff is more than happy to take your money but really wishes you weren't in their country the staff here (and virtually everywhere we went in Costa Rica) were remarkably friendly, helpful, and happy. 3) Restaurants. Altimara and sushi bar were excellent both in quality and value. Restaurant at Nayara Springs I think the name is Amor america was a disappointment. Food was overpriced for questionable quality. Filet was overcooked and tough and my wifes seafood dish was lacking in flavor and seafood. Felt sorry for staff there because it seems like they were really trying but food is not their fault. 4) Bars Again quality and value were top notch. $3.25 for a beer at the pool bar. A bargain compared to other resorts. Wine bar was fun with a very nice selection but their fancy wine dispenser seems to screw up quite a bit. Didn't lessen our enjoyment as staff would just pour the old fashioned way. 5) Tours All the tours we booked through the hotel were great. I would especially recommend the river float tour on Rio Frio. Wish I could remember our guides name as he was great pointing out tons of interesting wildlife. Probably the best part of that tour was stopping at the farm of a Tican family. We thought it would be to invade someones house who didn't know us but the family was warm and inviting and cooked some intriguing local snacks. Fishing on Lake Arenal was nonproductive I believe because of weather but it wasn't for lack of trying on our guides part. Night walk was very interesting although somewhat contrived. gave us a chance to see some of the creatures that only come out at night. All in all a wonderful trip. I just hope they don't get too popular. don't want them to raise their prices for when we return.

Room Tip: We were in room 44 which had a seperate sitting area and TV which we certainly didn't need but w...
3  Thank Daniel R
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Words can't describe how wonderful this hotel was during the first 4 days of our honeymoon. I get butterflies just thinking about it! From the moment we arrived (and they greeted us with a wet cloth and glass on wine) we knew we were going to love it here.

The bungalow we stayed in was just perfect and impeccably clean. The food at the restaurants was great. And the breakfast (which was included for us) was amazing!! So much fresh fruit...And the chocolate croissants... Mmmmm.

Oh and the staff was just wonderful! They helped us plan all of our daily excursions (ziplining, horseback rides, etc) and were genuinely interested in the details when we returned from our adventures.

The grounds were beautiful- we went during the off season (rainy season) and we are happy we did since everything was so lush and beautiful.

We would love to return someday and when we do, we will absolutely stay here again!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sciera
Reviewed February 23, 2014

The Hotel Arenal Nayara surpassed all expectations we had and after reading all the reviews, our expectations were high. I've never felt so cared for at any hotel I've ever been to - literally. I 100% recommend them. I want to thanks for al request that we did at www.hotelarenalnayara.com before our arriving.

1  Thank NanaSoro
The Springs Resort and Spa
The Springs Resort and Spa
#6 of 64 in Arenal Volcano National Park
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Sp...
#7 of 59 in La Fortuna de San Carlos
#4 of 59 in La Fortuna de San Carlos
Volcano Lodge & Springs
Volcano Lodge & Springs
#15 of 59 in La Fortuna de San Carlos

Been to Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens? Share your experiences!